Chapter 21 ~ To Cross a Gray Jedi

Start from the beginning

    "Sorry," he mumbled, looking away.

    "Anyways, since I'm assuming you didn't catch a word I said, I suppose I'll just have to repeat myself," this resulted in a groan from the senator, "I'll hint off to the Republic that they need to get a midichlorian test done, then to go in the chancellor's room at a certain time. All the while, I will engage in a fight with him, so they'll walk in when he's in Sith mode. And if that isn't enough for their oblivious selves, I am literally walking camera footage as him dictating me. I can just show them my memories."

    "Dictating you?" Lux asked, his voice evident with concern.

    "It's a story for another time," Ahsoka whispered, forcing herself to look away so he couldn't see the pain in her face, "I don't think I'm ready to tell you."

    "It's alright 'Soka. I'm here for you when you need me," Lux said as he rested a hand on her shoulder. She gave him a smile, then carefully opened the door of the closet. After comically peeking her head out to check both directions of the hall, she sighed in relief as she didn't see anyone. Just in case though, she flipped up the hood on her robes so nobody would be able to identify who she was. Of course, the points of her montrals easily identified her as a Togruta or something similar, but anybody who was looking for Ahsoka specifically wouldn't be smart enough to realize that she would've grown over the years. "So, when do we start?" Lux asked as they entered his office.

    "Now," Ahsoka said urgently as the door closed behind them, "I can't wait a second longer. I'm already over three years late. Do you have a speeder I can borrow?"

    Lux walked over to his desk and pushed a few buttons, then grabbed a set of keys out of a drawer and handed them to her. "Here. It'll be in spot 72 in two minutes. Good luck Ahsoka."

    Ahsoka pocketed the keys inside her robe, then looked up at him. "Thanks, Lux. If anything happens... I want you to know that I love you."

    Lux gazed at her lovingly and replied with a smirk, "I know." Then, as romantic as an old holomovie, the two leaned forward and gave each other a light kiss. For all they knew, it could be their last. Living a life as wild and dangerous as they did, there was no guarantee of a tomorrow.

    "I'll be back soon," Ahsoka smiled as she broke the kiss and began to turn. Then, with a two finger salute and smirk, she dashed out of his office.    

            ±-±-±-±-±-±-±-±-±-±-±-±-±-±-±-±-±-±-±-±-±-±-

    Nerves burned through Ahsoka like a raging fire. She hadn't been this close to the Jedi Temple in...years...

    To be honest, the Togruta was more excited than anything. She had wanted to return to this place, along with a list of others, for what seemed like her whole life. Now that she was finally here, her only regret was that she couldn't reveal her identity.

    Of course, she would let it slip in time, but for now she needed to be shielded from Palpatine. After that, she would be able to reconnect with her old friends and acquaintances. Barriss, Obi-Wan, Anakin...

    She shook her head free from this. She needed to stay focused, and thinking about such things would only delay her mission. Steeling herself with the strength that she knew she didn't have at the moment, she walked up to the Temple guards.

    "I need to talk to a Jedi," she said, keeping her voice soft was confident.

    "Outsiders are not aloud. Scram," one of the Temple guards growled, earning an eye roll from Ahsoka, "especially not those that wear cloaks to hide their features."