Chapter 20 ~ The Senator and the Gray Jedi

Start from the beginning

Ahsoka stayed silent as she gazed out of a window as the planet of Mandalore grew smaller and smaller in her vision. After a few minutes, the world was nowhere to be seen and was replaced with the light streaks of hyperspace.

"So," Ahsoka called out, "what's life like for you?"

"Fine," Sierra shortly replied, causing Ahsoka to frown.

"So, what do you do in your time?" Ahsoka asked, trying to spark up a conversation. Overall, Sierra didn't seem like an unfriendly person, just more of the untrusting type. One that trusts her life with a small amount of people.

Finally Sierra relented and relaxed, then answered with a more detailed response. "A little government errands here, some bounties there. I like to keep my job independent and not have to worry about a controlling boss."

"Makes sense," Ahsoka agreed.

"So, what about you?"

Ahsoka quivered at the thought of what her answer would be. That was really not a question she wanted to answer. Sierra could see her uncomfortable reaction and soon switched the subject.

"Well, what about family?"

Ahsoka stayed silent for this, too. She had no blood family. Both of her parents were, as it pained her to say this, dead, and Ahsoka wasn't aware of any possible extended family she could have.

"What about... friends?" Sierra finally asked.

"I have a couple from the Jedi Temple," Ahsoka replied bitterly, "but most of them don't even know I'm alive. I guess I have a couple friendships and such with senators too, but those are pretty limited as well."

"Alright..." Sierra mumbled before looking back to the piloting controls. Even though it was hard to feel empathy for a Jedi, or ex one at that, she did sort of feel bad for Ahsoka. She had hardly nothing to drive her for whatever she was doing in life. No family, barely any friends that probably don't even count, and not even a home, since Sierra didn't view the Jedi Temple as a house. So what was Ahsoka in for when she says that she is going to save the galaxy? For the greater good? That was all that the Mandalorian could come up with. If that was true, then she was sure that the two would get along just fine.

"Where are you planning on landing?" Ahsoka spoke up.

"I've got some business in the upper levels, so I was thinking by the Senate building. Why, is there anything that you have in mind?"

Ahsoka smiled. "No, that's perfect."

"What are you planning on doing when you get to Coruscant?" Sierra asked as she adjusted her helmet.

"I know of a friend that might still have some evidence from a mission we went on together. If he does, then I'll be able to use that to my advantage," Ahsoka explained, trying to stay vague so she could hide the identity of the person she was talking about.

"Why not just tell the Jedi Order or something about this? It's really important, right?"

Ahsoka sighed before replying, "They wouldn't be able to do anything. I hate talking bad about them, since they're the closest things I have to friends, but they're kind of... stupid."

"Wouldn't be the first time I've heard that," Sierra laughed before turning serious, "so, are they as bad as everyone says they are?"

"I wouldn't say so," Ahsoka said, slightly fondly, "they're lost, but they mean no harm. I'm hoping that I can iron them out."

"That's a big task for one person," Sierra said, turning to size Ahsoka up before saying, "especially for someone so young."

"I'm sure you're just as old as me," Ahsoka argued back defensively, "and you seem capable."