Chapter Eight: The Truth is Out

I was the second one to wake up, finding myself lying on a very hard couch. Haidley was spread-eagle on the ground, a blanket overing her body with her hands and feet poking out. Sophie was curled into a tiny ball on a recliner chair, her blue hair tucked behind her ears and Rosie was nowhere to be seen. I peeked out the top of the couch to see her in the kitchen, leaning over a fry pan. Flinging the blanket draped over my body, I wandered over to the kitchen and she turned, her brown eyes on me.

“Hi,” she said.

“Morning?” I replied and she nodded.

“We have school in two hours,” she grumbled and I sighed, head hitting the table.

“I completely forgot,” I moaned and she sighed.

“Yeah, it’s just lucky for us that Don was able to somehow shorten the effects of whatever the Foot shot at us,” Rosie announced and I lifted my head, blinking at her.

“Wait what?”

I glanced over my shoulder and noticed we’re actually in the sewer hideout. Nothing had changed except the fact the place seemed tidier.

“You met them?”

“Them? I only met Don. How many are there?”

“Good morning,” Haidley sang out and I shook my head.

“I’ll fill you in later.”

“How are we this morning?” Haidley grinned.

“Just dandy,” Rosie murmured, focusing on the cooking.

A screech emitted from the couch and we all turned to see Sophie, wide-eyed, looking around the place.

“What’s with the screaming, dudette?”

I looked up at the second level to see Mikey walking out of his room, rubbing the sleep from his eyes. Haidley peeked out and gasped.

“No way,” she stuttered and I nodded. “He’s real?”

Just as Mikey jumped from the second level, landing on his feet, Haidley raced over and started poking him. She poked his face, shell and arms.

“Hey, stop.”

“This is way to cool to comprehend,” she gushed and Mikey stared at her, blinking in confusion.

“Yo Mikey, come on, we have training.”

“Coming Raph.”

I watched as Mikey disappeared behind a set of green coloured doors. Haidley frowned but shrugged, grabbing Sophie and dragging her to the kitchen.

Turns out, Don is smarter than he is given credit for. He somehow managed to hack into the school data base and mark the four of us girls as present while we were sleeping. The turtles, all four I believe, are behind the green coloured doors. Haidley managed to find two skateboards and shoved one of them into my face, putting on a pleading face. I groaned before grabbing one and allowed her to drag me to the bridge going over a small pond. She started grinding, spinning and doing other tricks, before she noticed I wasn’t doing any.

“Oh come on, I know you skate,” she said and pulled her bright pink pigtails tighter, adjusting the goggles on top of her head. “Show me some tricks.”

I swallowed before rolling the yellow board a little, then jumped on, moving with the board. I skated towards the bars on the bridge and grinded along them before landing and skating towards the ramps near the kitchen. Pushing forward, I managed to do a handstand on the flat part of the ramp, skateboard balancing on my feet before I flipped it in the air and pushed off, landing back on the board and continuing to skate around the area. Haidley grinned and skated after me.