Recruitment 3

It is 9 AM in the morning. Carriages, horses, and people from the kingdom of Avalon surrounded the Rose Army's recruitment grounds. Starting with the appearance of the queen, each group introduced themselves, which clan they reside in, their authority in the kingdom, and what famous blood they have. In this world, not just skills, power, or talent matters; there is also connections, bloodlines, and knowledge. Commoners don't have these, which a disadvantage on their part. Unlike nobles, even if they belong to the lowest one, they still are nobles. Nobles have access to knowledge which belongs to their ancestors hard work. Some belongs to especial bloodlines and has power beyond human comprehensions. They have resources....

"What's the meaning of this Queen of Avalon?" An officers asked the queen while holding a secondary pistol at his back. Smiling nonchalantly, ready to trigger the gun his holding while the others get the big guns stored at the back. 

       Some old dude interrupted his question, he introduce himself and the others at his back.

"Good morning, soldier, I am from the clan Acres"
"I'm here as the Clan leader and as a father"
"Please test my grand son and people from my clan to take part in the army"

After that the others also introduce themselves...until everyone got to introduce their selves.

"I see, they're here to be tested for the army"

Sian made his appearance right after the introduction. 

"For those who aren't here to take part in the test.."
"Scram to the side!"

He yelled inappropriately. There are at least a couple hundred more in the back.

"Who are you young soldier?" The old dudes got curious. For someones that young to be in the army, they think he is someone not important but being in the army can also mean his important.

"Let me introduce the Commanding General of the army"
"The one who founded the army and owned schools in our kingdom"
"He is Sian Ross"

The officer introduced him to the people.

"Soldiers man your positions!"
"We'll get busy today!"

"What his the founder of the army!"
"He's younger than my son!"

Gossip arose in the crowd, while yelling at the obstacle grounds. The wasn't any different from commoners and nobles, they both shivers in front of intimidation in the obstacle grounds. They didn't even had the strong will to continue. They just left one after another. The instructors didn't pay them mind, thinking "We might finished this early than expected, might as well intimidate them to finish earlier. "

While the other soldiers eating watching the suffering of people taking part in the exam, they remember how their first time was when being accepted in the army. The academy was hell, while the Army was not any better. Probably, after this campaign, we'll get back to that place and train once again. "It is embarrassing acting cool here wearing this uniform which all these people's dream, then they watch us train in agony beside them after returning."

There wasn't just waste who tried to take part in the test. There were especial people who finished the obstacle course with ease. But that turned to half after choosing wrong opponents in the fighting ring.

As recruits fail group after group, more spectators flock in to witness such an event. This was only the day where they can get to see high ranking nobles and sons and daughters of officials get to taste what dirt taste like. Villagers from outside the Avalon gates appeared from all sides. Their camp became lively. All the soldiers worked hand in hand to maintain order. 

This day is an exciting day of event. In the future, those who pass might become heroes in the upcoming battle against the demons. Lunch time passed, the line of recruits didn't fazed at all. Towns people appeared out of nowhere and the line became more longer. 

(Spectators chit-chatting)

"For an elite army commanded by the general, isn't this easier than we thought"

"True! There isn't anything that kind of like a written test"
"I hate written tests"

"My son is already on the line with his friends"

"We can't change the fact that each group that stepped in the obstacle ground became uneasy"
"But if it was me in my old days, I could have passed these test, no problem"

"I saw female soldiers in their uniforms"
"They even accept female to battle"

"If a female can get accepted, I doubt my son's failure"

_________________________________

"Those old men are really bad at chit-chatting"
"They should lower their voices at least" 
"Right older sister?" The queen of Avalon's little brother, ask his sister. 

"Should I take part in the test?"
"Or should I not?/" 

The queen replied to his muttering, "It's your own choice little brother"
"Do you seek power?"
"Gold?
"Connections?"

"It's all on you, I'll support you as the queen of Avalon"

The prince smiled to his older sister and left the carriage there were on...

The people who easily identified the prince made a way. He wouldn't even have to line up. Before he knew it, a soldier from the Rose army asked his name and wrote it down.

"Name? Age? ....Gender?"

"I'm A MALE!" 

For a moment there, the soldier couldn't identify his gender because of such pale skin, long smooth hair, and the smooth tone of his voice. The prince got angry, it felt as if it was an insult.

"You've got guts kid, skipping line like it was nothing" An instructor appeared with a visible title in his chest written "Instructor".

*Gulp* The prince immediately tense up. He can't offend a soldier with a title. 
"Ye~h, the people here are just kind, I'll..
"I'll go back immediately!"

The prince couldn't handle his presence and turned around quickly to get back at the end of the line. 

"Wait!" The instructor stopped him.

"No biggie... Influence is a kind of power, do your thing as long as it isn't bad"

The prince happily smiled and got at the front...

"That instructor is really nice" 

Daydreaming, the prince didn't know what is going on.

"Pair Up!"

"5 seconds to think!"

"5 seconds to plan!"

"5 minutes to finish!"

"Run for it!"

The prince couldn't understand what was going on. He relied on instinct and run for it, just like how the other people are running. He became last on the first sprint to the first obstacle. Other recruits were waiting for him. When he caught up in the first obstacles, a noble speak up...

"Listen prince, were not here for fun and games"
"We're here to become soldiers"

His word were harsh, it left a wound in the little prince's heart.

"Your here to WHAT?!"
"What are you doing!"
"Jump up the first obstacle!"

The instructor kept yelling at all of them until finish line. Surprisingly, the prince and the noble paired up and won at the end. The prince might got a wound, he repaired it himself quickly because of the instructors yelling. Those yelling turned a switch on him, his sadness withered. 

(Fighting ring)

One on one match. The winners of the obstacle courses get to choose who they can fight with.

"How's it going?"
"I already had lunch, you guys should take the foods in the tables before they get washed away." The general appeared. He's talking with one of the instructors.

The prince notice his {PRESENCE}.

"White hair"
"Pale skin"
"And a normal looking body"
"hehehe I have spotted a good sparring fighter in order to win"  

The prince choose the general without even knowing it.