# 0 1 7 ⦋ Psychoanalysis ⦌

2018

word count 2487

"Hideyoshi-kun," when Jin called out to me, I jolted in position.

   We sat together on the table along with Norio on the bench and the couple beside us, while the girls from the stage stood in front of us, talking and laughing, often chanting. Mirélle and Haru seemed to get along well, and I wondered why Haru didn't hang out with them—or rather, with us—as much.

    "I've gotta get used to you using my first name," I chuckled sheepishly, scratching my face. "What's up?"

   Was he going to question me about his meeting with Touka and why I was there? Did he know I was there? Did the garbage not mask my scent enough? Was he going to threaten me and tell me that he was going to kill me because I knew his secret? Wouldn't he trust me to keep it?!

    "Why don't you ask her to dance?"

   I let out a sigh of relief and wiped my forehead, answering his question with another question. "Who? Mirélle?"

   Jin nodded as his brows furrowed, and I deeply wanted to see the look in his eyes.

    "She's kind of busy..." and I'm a lousy dancer.

    "Suit yourself." He grunted off the table and stepped towards the girls, confidently asking Haru for a dance. For a split second, a part of me worried that he'd ask Mirélle.

   They were pretty close, after all.

   As they left and disappeared into the crowd, I gazed at Miri, watching her gently sway to the music and trying to find the courage to ask her without necessarily embarrassing myself with my lack of dance-ability.

   However, what I found instead was a constant distraction: whenever the lights of the stage beamed brightly, the silhouette of her body was exposed to view, bending in such a way that had me sitting down on the bench rather than the table.

   And when she raised her hands to put her hair up, her dress slightly rose, bringing my attention back to the tightness of her over-the-knee black socks. I leaned forward to get a better look, fantasizing things I shouldn't have been fantasizing about out in the open.

   What a delicious sight.

   I always told Kaneki about my ideal type...

   Distracted, I let out a sigh of admiration, which caught her attention. She turned around and hummed in question before bending down to look at me - her low cut dress giving me a view of her chest.

   Hmm...

    "Are you bored? Or just tired?" she pushed her hair back, allowing me to see a lot more — but I forced my eyes to hers, focusing on the sound of her voice and the glow of her pretty smile.

   With a grin, I pulled her and sat her beside me, putting a leg up on the bench. "Go out with me."

   She chuckled, crossing her legs and causing her dress to fall back.

    "We're out right now. And we went out on Wednesday."

    "Jeez, I obviously meant on a proper date!"

   Sighing, she looked to her hands.

    "Yeah, yeah, I know; you'll think about it. I'm just...a bit impatient!"