# 0 1 2 ⦋ Secrets ⦌

edited & rewritten 2018

word count 2029

𝙷𝚒𝚍𝚎:
𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚞𝚙 𝚢𝚎𝚝?

Getting ready only took a few minutes. I received a text from someone I knew that worked at the CCG. During the past few weeks, I had told him to keep an eye out for any openings for me: if there was anything I could do or any program I could join.

   There must be something I can do...

   The recollection of Mirélle mentioning it to Jin last night flashed in my head. With a sigh, I rubbed my face and checked my phone at the sound of a ding.

𝙼𝚒𝚛𝚒𝚛𝚒𝚛𝚒:
𝚢𝚎𝚊𝚑! 𝚒'𝚟𝚎 𝚋𝚎𝚎𝚗 𝚞𝚙 𝚜𝚒𝚗𝚌𝚎 𝟻 ...𝚐𝚘𝚝 𝚛𝚎𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚜𝚊𝚕𝚜 𝚝𝚘𝚍𝚊𝚢

𝙷𝚒𝚍𝚎:
𝚛𝚎𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚜𝚊𝚕? 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝?

𝙼𝚒𝚛𝚒𝚛𝚒𝚛𝚒:
𝚒'𝚕𝚕 𝚝𝚎𝚕𝚕 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚒𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚎𝚡𝚝 𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎 𝚒 𝚜𝚎𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞. 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚒'𝚕𝚕 𝚌𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚕𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚛. 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚊𝚕𝚔 𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚜𝚝𝚞𝚙𝚒𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚜

𝙷𝚒𝚍𝚎:
𝚌𝚘𝚘𝚕! 𝚝𝚎𝚕𝚕 𝚖𝚎 𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝚢𝚘𝚞'𝚛𝚎 𝚏𝚛𝚎𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚒'𝚕𝚕 𝚙𝚕𝚊𝚗 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐! 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚋𝚢 𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚖𝚎𝚊𝚗𝚜, 𝚌𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚖𝚎 𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚗𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚝 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚜𝚝𝚞𝚙𝚒𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚜

Driving around the 20th Ward on my bike was a routine for me. If I hadn't slept in, I would've been at it hours ago.

   With my hat and backpack on, I stopped at every location that had filled up bulletin boards and walls covered in flyers and ads.

   These posters of Kaneki going missing aren't going to hang themselves up.

   As I rode by place to place, it was hard to ignore the loud TVs and billboards of the news: there was a new Ghoul group that had been causing issues for the Ward and the CCG. It wasn't explained how big or how active the group was recently, but there were a few reports on two rotting bodies found last week, in some sort of abandoned building somewhere near the edge of the Ward. A couple of people reported that the bodies were killed a few days, if not an entire week, before being discovered.

   A body of another deceased civilian was not found. There were speculations about Ghouls having found the body and possessing it, but there was no way of knowing if that were true or not, unless they somehow found the corpse.

   Continuing to listen to the news, it was revealed that there were, in fact, a small number of missing bodies that stirred the Police's and the CCG's curiosity. Most of those missing bodies consisted of criminals that were released either years ago or recently; some were also criminals that weren't caught by the police.

    "A curfew may be effective immediately once again," said the reporter. "However, corresponding regulations will be confirmed exclusively by the Higher Ups from the Ghoul Countermeasures Bureau, therefore, no such rule has been strictly proclaimed."