•14• Protect

"Alright Tatum you're off tomorrow, stay safe okay have a good night!"

"Thank you Mrs. Roma" I smiled and left the back approaching the two boys.

"Alright, I'm ready to go," I told Grey and Jaycee

"let's get going then," Grey said

"I'll see y'all back at the house, later," Jaycee said

We nodded and I followed Grey outside to the Challenger.

He opened the door for me and I got in and buckled up and then he got in and buckled up starting the car.

"so what happened earlier?" he asked making me sigh.

"It was basically just about my past and I don't know if I'm ready to talk about it, I mean I still barely know you," I spoke quietly

"I get that, but your reaction was unsettling Tatum and I've done nothing but help you, and I've told you I'm not gonna hurt you and I'll keep telling you that until you believe me, also I'm not gonna tell anybody your business, you can talk to me Okay."

"That is comforting and I know, but I'm just not ready I need more time to warm up to you and the others"

He sighed but said nothing else respecting my wishes silently.

Just about 10 minutes later we arrived at my house.

"Do you wanna come in?" I asked nervously standing outside of the driver's side where he rolled down the window. I was scared to go in alone.

"I'll wait in the car"

I nodded and started slowly walking inside.

My brother and sister are gone but I have no clue if my dad is here.

My heartbeat rose as I walked to my door and opened it.

As soon as it closed I was pinned against the door a hand around my throat.

"Who's in the driveway?" My dad growled.

"Just a friend I'm going to stay with" I squeaked, choking as he reduced the amount of air I could breathe.

"No! You're not going anywhere" he growled

"No! I'm going with him and you can't stop me I'll call him in here if I have to Dad" I cried out in pain when his hold on me tightened.

"Him? And you're talking back where'd you get the balls from?" He smirked

"Let go of me Dad If you don't I'm calling him in here" I managed to grit out, but I was terrified.

"What's he gonna do huh, stop me from doing what I want to do to you?" 

"Yes!" I said struggling in his grip. I could feel myself growing tired as he continued to strangle me.

"How's he gonna do that?" He laughed and let go of me. Oxygen flowed into my lungs as I took a deep breath coughing wildly.

I opened the door and called for Grey.

"Grey!" I called weakly.
"Please come in I'll be a minute," I said

His head looked up from where I saw him leaning against the car.

I turned to my dad.

"He's in a gang and always carries a gun with him," I said just as Grey walked in behind me.

"Well hello, nice to see Tatum making some more friends" my dad said his demeanor changing instantly. He held out his hand and Grey just stared at him suspiciously.