Chapter 19 ~ The Fight of Corruption Part 4

Start from the beginning

So far, the furthest Ahsoka could get was flashing eyes. Every now and then, a spark of her usual, alarmingly blue eyes would shine through. To others the Sith gold was beautiful, but to her, it was the most hideous color she had seen before. It was the color of control. Of evil. Of defeat.

Atroci was pacing now. She knew that it wouldn't be long before Ahsoka broke through the walls she had put up. When that was? She had no clue. For right now, all she could do is wait out the calm in preparation for the storm that was coming.

A droid walked in and informed her that they were landing on the site now. The Dark Lady only hissed in response, resulting in the droid scurrying away to avoid any extra dangerous confrontation with the girl.

"I will kill Skywalker," Atroci said to herself, smirking as she knew that Ahsoka was freaking out. Last time she had been weak enough to let Ahsoka manipulate her into sparing a Jedi Master, but that wouldn't happen this time. No, this time she would please her new master with the head of her ex-master.

The air depressurized in the shuttle dramatically as the door opened, revealing the scenery of a planet before her. It was almost a replay of what had happened with Obi-Wan, only now, Atroci knew that the events would play out differently. There would be a death today.

"Anakin Skywalker," she cackled, pulling her lightsabers off of her belt, "By the time we're through today, you will know who I am. Unfortunately though, you will never live to the tale."

Of course, Anakin had his suspicions right away. He recalled what Obi-Wan had informed him of the day he returned from a mission with no lightsaber and a beat up shoulder.

"Is it really you, Snips?" He asked cautiously, moving his hands away from his weapons. He did not want to fight his old padawan.

That was his first mistake.

Despite Ahsoka fighting stronger than she was before to rid herself of Atroci, the Dark Lady lunged forward and launched an attack. Anakin was surprised, but not caught off guard. If his old master had been true, Ahsoka was somewhere buried beneath the monster that pretended to be her. All he had to do is give his padawan a little helping pull up.

"I know you don't want to do this Ahsoka," he said as he parried the blows that were dealt at him by her white lightsabers, "it doesn't have to be that way!"

"I'm not Ahsoka!" Atroci hissed as she hastened her blows, "she was weak, and now she's dead!"

"But you know that's not true," Anakin argued as perspiration began to form around his forehead. What in the world had Ahsoka been doing over the past few years? Training nonstop? At this rate, the girl could wipe out a whole legion in under a minute.

Atroci only kept silent as she continued to make jabs with her weapons. A few swipes at his feet here, a couple stabs at his stomach there, and overall, a lot of speed. Anakin only hoped that Ahsoka would take over before he would be inevitably bested by the Dark Side user.

The Togruta leapt up onto a nearby tree, then used that to propel her way towards the Jedi Knight at break-neck speeds. He managed to sidestep her blades just in time, resulting in her having to complete her landing with a graceful forward roll to ensure that she didn't break anything.

Anakin was beginning to panic as Atroci was only growing stronger. By now, he thought that Ahsoka would've taken the wheel like she had in Obi-Wan's instance, but it wasn't happening. Finally, to his relief, the Dark Lady's blows became less fluid as she was beginning to get distracted. He wasn't sure at what, but he wasn't complaining. Sure, even the lackluster performance by Atroci still was more talented than his sword fighting skills, but it bought him time.