PART 3: THE WAY GEMSTONES ARE MADE - VII

The smile which answered him was out of this world, uncontainable and bright. A bunny smile if he'd ever seen one. Tae felt his mind stutter to a stop as he finally took in how beautiful the younger man was.

"Hey you," came the answer he'd been hoping for seemingly forever.

Two words which he hadn't know he'd been waiting his whole life for.

They broke down barriers, tore at every inch of wall built around their hearts. Lips met lips, softly. Shyly. Interrupted by gasps as they realised what their shared kisses before had been missing: human warmth, real, tangible skin to hug and caress and love.

One peck turned into giggles and a longer kiss, one which was delicate but filled with so many emotions it made goosebumps spread up their arms. From the front seats, Jimin and Jin gawked at them. Glanced at each other when Jin stopped at a red light.

Until finally, Jin raised his voice, causing Jimin to crumble into laughter next to him.

"Yah! I'm happy for you two, whatever the hell is going on here, but could you please keep that for a more private setting?"

The two lovers pulled apart and burst into raucous laughter, holding onto each other as they apologised through gasping breaths, and despite the outburst, Jin stared fondly back at them.

The rest of the short trip back had Taehyung and Jungkook whispering their names to each other over and over, foreheads pressed together and hands intertwined, feelings spilling out from unguarded eyes. When they finally pulled up to the building they all currently worked in, Jimin jumped out, grabbed his best friend by one hand, lifted his bag in the other and forcefully speed walked them all the way to Jungkook's office, where he proceeded to scream questions at his catatonically happy friend.

In the car, Jin pointed an accusing finger at his beaming young charge.

"You have a lot of explaining to do mister."

***

It turned out being apart from each other for even a couple of hours was too much. They had only just found each other after so much searching and longing, and so, through a lot of begging, Taehyung managed to get his caring manager to go ask the man from his dreams out for dinner on his behalf.

They planned to meet at a small family restaurant Tae knew wouldn't spread information about them. What he didn't expect to see when he arrived however, was five other men sitting with a flustered Jungkook.

Jin had obviously made his own decisions and invited Hoseok, Yoongi, Jimin, and Namjoon.

He took it all in stride, too happy to see his ghost boy, forcing his way to Jungkook's side so he could wrap his arms tight around the younger and bury his head into the crook of his neck. Felt tears of sheer adoration and relief try to escape his eyes, but wiped them away before they could. 'Hey you's were muttered under their breaths, so only they could hear them, and they shared the smallest of pecks before the boys around them burst into complaints and pulled them apart with their laughter.

Drinks went round, and the DreamScape pair beamed at everyone the whole evening, eating with one hand as they held onto the other's fingers under the table. Questions poured their way, and they did their best to recount everything that had happened to them.

They kept some of it to themselves, moments too special to share. Some things were just theirs to know about, just their secret, a relationship not meant for others.

And from the shadows, two figures glared at the group.

***

It was the next day that it happened. Something which had been building for months finally reached its boiling point.