PART 2: THE HADRON COLLIDER EFFECT - VIII

"He said what?"

"That he fell in love with a dream."

"Yeah I heard you the first time, I just didn't believe you." Jin snorted back into the receiver, holding the phone up to his ear as he paced around the lobby. "Is he okay though? That sounds a bit like a mental breakdown to me you know."

He heard his roommate sigh on the other end of the line.

"I mean, you'd think it could be a breakdown. Especially with how busy the whole company is right now... everyone reacts to stress differently I guess. But Jungkook sounds so... I don't know, sane?"

"Sane? Min Yoongi, the man just told you he fell in love, legitimately, with a dream. Does that sound like sane to you?"

Silence answered, and Jin rubbed a tired hand over his forehead as Yoongi gruffly picked up the conversation again.

"Where are you anyways? Sounds echoey, I hate it."

"Your building lobby, actually," Jin answered offhandedly, as the receptionist finally came back and handed him a thick manila envelope. "Just picking up new contract outlines for Tae- Thank you dearest."

"You did not just call me dearest," Yoongi said, pretending to vomit from the other end of the phone, causing Jin to snort once more as he pushed the front door open and left the building.

"No, I was talking to the receptionist, you attention whore. Anyways, where was I?..."

The receptionist sighed happily after Jin left, perhaps staring a second too long at his strutting silhouette, before she noticed with a jump that someone else was there with her.

"Um... can I help Sir?"

The man in question was stood against a wall, flattened against it so as to be the least visible possible. One of the two potted plants in the entrance was luckily placed right there, and as he hid behind it. Being caught in that situation though... it only made his bright red face that more obvious as his eyes grew wide and he speed walked back into the building.

***

Jung Hoseok threw his head back and cackled. The boisterous laugh echoed around the huge CGI hall, mainly ignored by most of the crew who were used to his sunshine manners, but drawing the attention of one stretching actor who watched from afar, curious.

"You hid behind WHAT?!"

Namjoon rubbed his face aggressively, as if it would rid him of the shame.

"A potted plant. I hid behind a goddamn plant, happy?"

"Oh this is just rich! THE Kim Namjoon, getting so flustered he had to hide... I can't..."

"You don't understand how ridiculously handsome he is!"

Hoseok actually collapsed onto the padded mat and started rolling around in hysterics. Namjoon sighed and glanced up at the heavens with a face which clearly spelt out 'Why me?!', before softly kicking his neighbour with the tip of his foot.

"Hey but I have a question for you... uuuh completely unrelated."

Hoseok stopped laughing, albeit with difficulty, and straightened himself up, peering up at his friends with one eyebrow raised.

"Sure, unrelated. Sounds legit. Do go on."

"Do you think people can fall in love with a dream?"

***

Taehyung had been watching curiously from the other side of the room as someone he vaguely recognised as involved in the movie caused his teacher to dissolve into a laughing fit. He'd finished his warm-ups and, having nothing better to do, he inched towards the duo, meaning to introduce himself properly.