PART 1: CHINESE WHISPERS - VIII

Namjoon had sat in their first planning meeting for the new movie nervously twirling his pen through is fingers. This project was turning out to be exactly as nightmarish as they had anticipated, but at least it would be easy to hype up. They had just been told their newbie main actor was a singer, which was 'just typical', as the team had pointed out in various degrees of discontent. Interestingly, this meant said actor had signed the contract under a clause stating he would be able to partake in most creative aspects of the musical tracks. Min Yoongi had groaned from the corner of the long table.

"It's not like we would be considered lazy by making things just a tiny bit easier," Namjoon complained later, though it wasn't normally in his character; the fact that he couldn't shake one seemingly unexceptional story from his mind didn't help with his mood. "But this project literally ticks just about every difficult box in the house!"

His companion peered at him evenly over his beer. They were sat in a bar a little ways down from their flat, nursing two drinks between them. They would have gone to the one at the foot of their building, but Hoseok had been banned from entering a long time ago for being too loud; "Too screamy" was the phrasing the owner had used.

"At least it's exciting though, right? I know how you would get bored otherwise."

His cheeky grin alleviated a small portion of Namjoon's grieving feelings, so that he could smile back at the man, albeit weekly.

"Yeah, you're right Hoseok. How was your day?"

"Actually, I have news!" the dark-haired man threw his hands up in the air, his voice increasing in volume and causing Namjoon to shrug apologetically at their neighbors. "I'm going to be in charge of a project!"

Namjoon raised his eyebrows, surprised. His next-door neighbor worked in BigHit's stunt division. Their work spanned all the way from hiring extras, to jumping off buildings, to break dancing. Hoseok was relatively new to the game, and this first project could make or break his career. But he deserved it; he was currently their brightest star. In fact, he'd earned himself the nickname 'Eternal Sunshine' somewhere along the past year.

"Congratulations!"

"Thanks," Hoseok grinned back. "Actually, it's going to be your nightmarish movie."

"My condolences."

"Oi! Don't write me off just yet!" the stunt man laughed back, drawing attention to their table once more. "I'm excited, and I'm going to start training the main actor from tomorrow onwards."

Namjoon raised his eyes in concern, surprised once more.

"He's doing his own stunts?"

"Apparently," Hoseok shrugged. "But if he half-asses it, you know I'll bring in the stunt team to do the job. I won't go easy on him just because he has a pretty face, and he might as well learn it early. In fact, I'll probably test him tomorrow and go from there."

"It can be a bit of a lottery ticket can't it, actors doing their own stunts?"

"Yeah. Remember Minyoon? My boss trained him for the romantic series they're filming. Apparently the other day he broke his arm even though we taught him to fall safely."

Namjoon smirked into his beer at his friend's sudden annoyed tone. Hoseok rarely got serious, but his work was his world and in his arena he wielded an iron fist.

"He. Just. Had. To. Climb. Up. A. Tiny. Ladder..." the stunt man carried on, groaning and looking just about ready to pull all his hair out.

"Oh speaking of broken bones," Namjoon said in an attempt to steer the conversation towards more friendly waters. "I hear two guys broke their arms whilst sitting on each others' shoulders."