PART 3: THE WAY GEMSTONES ARE MADE - I

A few mentions for PART 3 of this story:

TW: Terrorism

TW: Homophobia and homophobic violence

TW: Death/Dying

TW: PTSD

Please avoid reading if these are triggering, or check with me and I'll do my best to help <3

***

As soon as Jungkook stepped into BigHit, he was greeted with a flurry of activity. People were running around, every phone in the building ringing off the hook. He hugged his camera bag closer to him and fought his way to his own department.

"Namjoon hyung!" he called as soon as he stepped through the automatic doors.

"Oh Jungkook-ah, come over here."

He dropped his bag off at his desk, before making his way towards the conference room, where he guessed the voice was coming from. He popped his head in, noticing Namjoon was alone and wheeling a large whiteboard to face the oval table.

"Namjoon hyung, what's going on with everyone?"

The silver-haired man sighed, pinching the top of his nose with two fingers.

"Just the nightmare project being exactly what we predicted it would be: a nightmare," he sat down heavily, pulling his computer towards himself, motioning at Jungkook to join him. "The main trailer isn't ready, but someone leaked that Kim Taehyung was working with us."

On the computer screen, the rough draft of the trailer they were in charge of stared at them glumly.

"Look," Namjoon pointed at a new window. "Taehyung's fans are currently trending 'Taehyung Actor' worldwide on Twitter. Do you have any idea how big of a deal that is?"

"So we have to post it as quickly as possible?"

"Yeah, otherwise we'll miss the buzz and it won't have the same impact down the line."

Jungkook gulped, playing with this kind of social media presence was no small joke.

"Okay, but it looks terrible at the moment, we don't even have a soundtrack!"

"Yep, and the PR department say that we need it out in the next 21 hours-ish if we want to capitalise on the media. Yoongi hyung has been here since the news came out, looking for a singer, then changed his mind. He's now got Taehyung in the studio recording the song."

"He listened to my recommendation?!" Jungkook beamed.

He was met with a much warier gaze than he'd expected.

"What?"

"Just cross your fingers the feeling matches what we've got so far, otherwise we in editing will have to start from scratch. I'm going to go up in a minute and work on it with them, during which time you'll be in charge of the team here."

Jungkook froze like a dear in headlights. He'd never been in charge before, to be temporarily taking the head of a project, especially one as huge as this, was unheard of. And Namjoon saw the change in his demeanour, set a reassuring hand on his shoulder.

"You'll be fine, and besides we don't have any other choice. Every other department has been enrolled to help the PR department to deal with the influx in calls. If it wasn't bad enough that the press want to know about the project, we've also had hundreds of people complain that we're working with Taehyung-ah."