PART 3: THE WAY GEMSTONES ARE MADE - VI

Taehyung had gone home exhausted, but now he was wide awake. Hands were scribbling madly over paper, desperate to capture every thought that was flying through his mind. Lyrics poured out, messy and half-made, but they were there, remembered, and they would form into songs further down the road.

He finally let go of the pen and it clattered onto the surface, like a rubber band pinging free. That creative burst might have been the most tiring part of the day, he thought. Taehyung rubbed his eyes and switched the desk light off. He stood and stumbled through the now dimly lit room, finally feeling the pounding in his head which had been there the whole time, insistent. He fell onto his bead, fully clothed, and the Dreamscape took him.

He'd been asleep for barely a minute when his eyes opened again, and he grinned. All exhaustion had fled from him, remaining with his body back in his room. Now he stood on a near-deserted street. It was lined with restaurants packing up for the night, a long strip of grass dotted with trees ran between the buildings. People often met here in the evening, watching the sun set as they chatted and laughed, blankets strewn on the soft ground. But now only a few were left, and there, all alone, sat Kookie. He was swaying to some song he was humming, gazing up at the stars the city lights failed to snuff out completely.

Taehyung smiled softly as the boy on the ground shifted, turned his head towards him. Their eyes met and Jungkook's face broke out into a grin.

It took no time for Taehyung to stride forwards, plopping down next to the boy and leaning over to kiss his cheek. His reward was a string of giggles, and it was the best sound he'd ever been gifted.

"Hey you," he whispered.

"Hey you," Jungkook giggled back.

Taehyung smiled wider, peering at the slightly reddened cheeks.

"Have you been drinking, doll?"

"Mhm!" he nodded eagerly, child-like, and Taehyung's heart soared. "But I'm okay now, was a while ago. Now I'm just really content, especially now that you're here."

The boy leant in, or maybe he wobbled, but his head landed onto Taehyung's shoulder and he snuggled into the crook of it, breathing in the soft feel of skin. Then he pouted.

"What's wrong, bub?"

"You don't smell of anything in the Dreamscape... I wonder what you smell like."

Taehyung just grinned down at the boy in his arms, contentedly running his hands up and down the other's arms, listening as he mumbled cute nonsense about what Tae probably smelled like.

"I told my hyungs from work about you, you know?" Jungkook said, voice muffled as he burrowed his way into Tae's chest.

"Really?" he smiled. "What did they say?"

"They said they would believe me... if I introduced you to them. I hope I can do that one day."

Tae sighed, but it wasn't a sad sound. Leaning over, he deposited a kiss on the top of the tipsy boy's head.

"I'm going to find you soon, I promise."

Jungkook giggled and sat up again, bringing his hand up with his pinkie raised.

"You promise?"

Taehyung could just not stop smiling whenever he was with this man, this complex person with the cutest of smiles and brightest eyes. He joined their hands and pressed their thumbs together.

"Promise."

And he kissed him, softly, gently, under the streetlamps. Jungkook leant in, pecks replacing lingering kisses as their smiles got in the way, until they were grinning too wide to kiss, their hearts soaring, and they simply pressed their foreheads together. They breathed each other in, at peace, before Taehyung wiggled away, pulling a whine from the other.