PART 2: THE HADRON COLLIDER EFFECT - X

The door flew open and bounced off the wall with a sharp smack, causing Min Yoongi to turn to them with wide, angry eyes and a hand pressed to his chest.

"Jesus Namjoon, could you not?!"

"Sorry Hyung," Namjoon chuckled. "Hey point of curiosity from the maknae: we know you've finally figured out the OST, but who's singing it?"

Jungkook fidgeted, suddenly put on the spot as the eldest of them swung his piercing gaze onto him.

"Why?"

"Um... I... was wondering?" he stuttered, hands playing together nervously.

"Okay well, no one yet, I guess. Guy who was supposed to do it sounds terrible, and the actor for the film doesn't have the right voice for it. What was his name again?"

"Oh, Kim Taehyung?" Namjoon asked, and Jungkook's eyes flew up in confusion.

Yoongi clicked his fingers victoriously.

"Yeah! That's the one."

"HOLD UP! Kim Taehyung is the main actor for the death project?"

They both stared at him as if he'd grown a second head. It was wholly out of character for him to raise his voice like that.

"Uh... yeah, you didn't know?!" Yoongi gawked.

"It was announced ages ago," Namjoon carried on, appalled. "Although obviously some people have known longer than others, like the training crew. How did you not notice??"

Jungkook felt himself get defensive- it wasn't like it was a bad trait to have no obsession with idols and celebrities. Really, he was just terrible with names, hadn't cared about who was acting in the movie. He realised now, maybe he should care about things that impacted his own work. Although it was strange: why was Kim Taehyung everywhere recently?!

"Doesn't matter anyways," Yoongi interrupted with a dismissive wave of his hand. "He's too much of a baritone for the feeling we're going for. Shame really, it would make things a lot simpler, but what can y-"

"He can do it!" Jungkook shouted out of nowhere, baseless confidence surging through him.

He'd only met the man once, and only for that short second where the bubbly blond had crashed into him and run off immediately. But his voice... he could see a thousand different possibilities for editing. Really he was just being a professional here, a professional, because of the trailer, yes.

He gulped when he saw that the two men were staring at him, wide eyed.

"I mean, have you heard his new song? High pitched, very smooth," angel voice, "could definitely do it."

"Kook-ah..." Namjoon said. "You've never put this much confidence in another person, why are you suddenly so sure?"

Why? He had no idea, just that he felt it would make the most amazing film, wanted to see just how a many different styles the baritone could sing, couldn't get enough of his voice... pick any reason really.

"I uh... he released a song recently, his voice definitely has more range than you think."

Yoongi was watching him with a small frown, doubt spilling all over his features, and Jungkook felt he was about to be told it was a bad idea, still unsure why he was being so pushy but desperate enough to want to try.

"Come on Hyung, please? You can just give it a go, we've got nothing to lose, right?"

***

That evening, Jungkook stayed up. He fiddled with his sweater paws, nervous and impatient, wondering, worrying. He stood to pace the room, then sat down again, getting up once more to spin in circles, a silly attempt to get rid of the anxiety in his veins. Sat down, got up and paced again, thoughts spinning like a crazed carousel inside his mind, repetitive. Would V come visit him again? Would they be allowed to meet? Whatever it was that was bringing them together_ some sort of dream world_ also had the power to tear them apart apparently. And he couldn't deal with that again.