PART 2: THE HADRON COLLIDER EFFECT - VII

"SEOKJIN HYUUUUUNG!"

Jin spun round in confusion, watching as his young charge barrelled down the corridor, barely dodging the people walking by. The actor screeched to a halt in front of him.

"I NEED YOU TO FIND SOMEONE!"

"Can you please just shhhh with the volume?" Jin said, his hands raised like Taehyung was a rabid animal he was trying to calm down. "Who am I finding?"

"Uhh..." Oh, he hadn't thought this through, had he? "He works here. His name is Kookie."

"His birth name is Kookie?"

"His nickname is Kookie."

"Full name?"

"I don't know."

"What does he do?"

"...I don't know."

"What does he look like?"

"I..."

"Let me guess," Jin said with his arms now crossed and sarcasm dripping from his tongue. "You don't know."

Taehyung shook his head sheepishly.

"And you don't know anything else?"

Taehyung thought for a second.

"His voice is really cute!" he said with one finger lifted as if to say 'Eureka!'

Jin just stared at him, deadpan.

"And do you have some sort of chart available so I can rank people from 1 to 10 on the 'cute voice' scale?"

Taehyung glared at him, pout playing on his lips.

"Fine, I get your point, I'll try to find out more, but can you at least keep an eye out?"

"Okay, I'll keep any eyes out. Now, I have to go pick up your updated contract, so head over to hair and makeup and I'll meet you there, okay?"

Taehyung nodded, making sure to get his manager to promise to help look for Kookie before he split ways with him, heading to the giant underground filming rooms, all the way lost in thoughts of his mysterious missing dream boy.

***

The man was glaring at him, and Jungkook winced at the silent disapproval. His recent exhaustion was doing him no good as self-hatred and guilt trickled down his spine.

"Sorry... I forgot we were supposed to discuss trailer music... Sir."

Min Yoongi sighed, then swivelled his chair to face his desk. It was covered in machinery meant for music composing, two screens glaring down onto the many buttons and nobs.

"It's fine," he muttered, so low Jungkook barely heard him. "And call me Hyung, I'm not old enough to be a 'Sir'."

The younger nodded, standing ramrod straight before one last glare made him lower himself down into the chair Min Yoongi was pointing at.

"So, have you got a template for the trailer yet?"

From there it was all discussions about storylines and the important parts Namjoon's team had decided on using to represent the movie, parts the actors had already started filming, everything compiled into a folder and handed over to Jungkook. He thought he was just going to be the messenger, but two hours in he realised Min Yoongi actually cared about his opinion, and he would have no way out of this office until their plans were absolutely flawless.

Hour three really had him itching to get up, bang his head against a table, anything, but he was also learning, so much, learning about how important the music for the trailer is, and how difficult it is to pick just one part of the song to fit to concentrate on. He'd never started with the music, so the way they were trying to do just that was fascinating. It was also fruitless, as Min Yoongi, Head of the Music Department, seemed unhappy with everything they looked at. He was grumbling to himself constantly, until he finally pushed back and swivelled to glare at Jungkook, as if it was his fault.

"This is going nowhere."

Jungkook swallowed his saliva nervously.

"Do you normally manage to choose the music before the storyboard is finished?"

"This really is the first project you've been part of the mainframe team, isn't it?" Yoongi asked with a scoff which hit Jungkook it the gut like a punch.

The younger nodded, averting his eyes. The elder seemed to soften under the guilt.

"Often, not always, but often I come up with the music before the filming even starts. It helps inspire everyone, keeps them focused on the feel we're looking for. Sometimes I can't get that feel until the storyboard for the trailer comes out, some few times I've had to wait for the first few scenes of a movie."

Jungkook was staring at him with wide eyes, drinking in every word and Yoongi cleared his throat.

"Anyways, I have a weird request."

"Huh?"

"Tell me a story."

Jungkook blinked back.

"What?"

"Any story, just tell me one. I get triggered at the weirdest things so just... I don't know, anything. You can even make it up."

The editor in the room scratched the back of his head nervously, trying to think of something interesting to say, and yet as always, his mind was filled with only one man, one stranger, one dream.

And so he told Min Yoongi about V.