PART 3: THE WAY GEMSTONES ARE MADE - III

Start from the beginning

"...But I've got somewhere I want to take you, and this building has cameras, so if I haven't already been caught snogging thin air, I definitely will be if we stay here all night."

Taehyung didn't even look remorseful, just grinned playfully at him.

"All night, huh? You really think you could last that long?"

"Please," Jungkook scoffed. "It's just kissing."

He grabbed his bag and made his way to the entrance, their hands still linked together. Next to him, Taehyung slapped his arm.

"That's not what I meant! Are you saying kissing me for an entire night wouldn't lead to anything... more?!"

Jungkook snickered, locking the doors behind them and dragging the ghost towards the elevator for the second night in a row.

"Are you telling me you're needy, hyung?"

"Wha- Give me my cute and flustered Kookie back, what did you do to him?! Who even are you?!"

They bickered back and forth all the way out, grins unstoppable even as they made their way to the closest bus stop, hands linked together. Once the right bus came along, Jungkook stepped onto it, ringing his card against the pay machine.

"Hey, this invisibility thing is pretty handy," Taehyung remarked behind him, hopping on just before the doors closed.

Now that they were in a small space with other humans, Jungkook couldn't answer, so he just sat down on a window seat half-way down the bus, chose one where he would be able to stretch his tired legs. Moving his bag to the floor between his feet was awkward, but he was done before they set off. As the vehicle drove off, he looked up, only to tilt his head curiously at V who was still stood in the aisle.

Then Taehyung grinned, his see-through features expressing pure mischief. He walked over and plopped himself right into Jungkook's lap, facing him, legs pressing down against the side of his thighs. The ghost wriggled as close as possible, unable to be flush against the other man due to the seats, but getting the desired response.

Jungkook froze entirely, face suddenly burning red as he choked on his own saliva. He tried to play it off by staring out the window when the few other passengers looked his way, but Taehyung was having none of it. He leaned in and started peppering Jungkook's face with butterfly kisses, down his nose, purposefully missing his lips, then following his jawline. He could tell the man underneath him was gritting his teeth, desperately clinging to control. Up he went, lips trailing against skin, all the way to Jungkook's earlobe where he nibbled gently, pulling carefully on the earrings with his teeth.

This was the Bad Place, had to be. Jungkook fought with every ounce of restraint within him. Fought the blush on his face, fought the thoughts which ran through his mind, fought the indecent images which were pouring in, of this man sat in his lap in another setting, in the flesh and utterly naked.

"Stop," he whispered, swearing inwardly at how breathless he sounded.

"But it's so much funnn~" Tae whined back, voice dripping with tease.

Jungkook sighed, but it was accompanied with a small smile which gave him away.

"Please?"

Finally, V grinned and obliged, climbed off his lap and sat down next to him, so close he was half onto his seat. They spent the rest of the short ride with the ghost's head snuggling into the crook of his neck, Jungkook trying desperately to act normal.

He felt like he had whiplash; months of laughing and sharing and bonding all accumulating into this sudden desperate need to be close to one another. Burning need like he'd never felt before kept nibbling at his resolve, filling him with want. But at the same time, he was immensely happy just sitting there, a confusing ghost curled up against him, like the biggest secret in the world. And it felt like he was all his. A man with so many different facets to him that it was dizzying: all his.