♦️ Chapter 46 || Act Casual ♦️

Start from the beginning

The wind blows through my hair as Jake speeds down the street.

"WOOHOOO!" I shout as Jake takes a sharp turn.

"Sh*t!" Jake shouts as he swerves out of the way for a rabbit that was hopping to the other side of the room, "I mean oh Sugar! Sorry." Jake says covering up.

I shrug, "You know it doesn't bother me anymore."

"Really?" Jake chirps.

"Yeah, I'm totally cool with it... I mean as long as you don't yell and swear at me in anger. My mom does that. I guess that's why I hated swearing... because my Mom always swears at me," I say as Jake stops at a red light.

"Nicole I would never yell at you," Jake says, "Well I mean I'm not speaking for my past behaviors but I speak for myself now and in the future."

I laugh.

Jake shakes his head in frustration, "And man I hate that b!tch."

I laugh and I lightly nudge him, "She still is my Mom."

"Mom or not. It doesn't give her the right to treat you the way she does."

"I know," I sigh, "Hopefully my Dad will be home soon."

"Are you going to tell him when he gets home?" He asks as he starts driving again.

"Yes. No. I don't know?" I say, "What difference does it make if I tell him or not? If I do my Mom may just take it out on me. If I don't maybe it will all go away."

I feel Jake sigh as I rest my head against his back.

There was a moment of silence before Jake said, "You better hold on tight Princess."

I clunge to him for the life of me as he revved the bike and speed down a deserted street.

I cheered as we zoomed down the street.

"This is amazing!" I shouted.

I felt Jake chuckle against my body.

The smile on my face slowly faded away as I heard sirens come from behind me.

Jake laughs, "Whoops. There aren't usually cops in this area."

Jake pulls over to the side of the road and even tho I didn't do anything illegal my heart is racing.

Cops scare me to death.

They are like fear on feet!

"Do you realize how fast you were going?" The cop said to Jake.

"Yeah. No one was on the road." Jake says as he hands him his license and registration, "No one ever comes down this road."

"I caught you didn't I?" The cop says.

"Yeah, but that's just me. I'll be the only person you catch on this road. If you're looking to catch people speeding go down Main Street and hide behind the dumpster people speed over there all the time and they can't see you. Trust me."

The cop nods his head and heads back to his car.

"How are you not nervous? I'm shaking like crazy."

"It's just a speeding ticket. He may even let us off the hook, but even if I do... it was totally worth it." He says as he flashes his thousand-watt smile my way.

The comes back and hands Jake his license and registration, "Look kid I'm just going to give you a warning this time. I know you're just trying to show off to you girl but do obey the traffic laws okay?"