47: Please I Do Not Want a Heart

Start from the beginning

"Princess, I'll be finishing the tasks given me, if you need anything you can use the bell and Scarlet will look for me."

Dream who became unsettled with the sudden change of her morning, can't help but ask Kaleid.

"Uncle, where is... Father?"

Kaleid hesitated for a bit. The princess is also his master and he does not want to lie. He did not expect that she will ask.

"The king had been summoned to Diamond palace and because it was a trip involving the knights, he decided not to bring the princess with him, but he promised to return soon."

Kaleid smile with assurance. The princess is used to having the king's presence near hear, probably she felt something.

"Please don't stray away from here, in the Clover Garden, princess. I will pick you up when your teacher comes in."

Kaleid departed with a light heart. The princess was giving him worries, because she seems to be far more emotionless towards the king, but she smiles with Kaleid or the other people. The princess asking about the King given him hope that the parent and child relationship between the two are actually doing fine.

'Distance is a good change. It is a good change, once in a while.'

Kaleid thought that the princess experiencing distance from her father will give her time to ponders on how much she cares about her father.

.....

Dream was surprised that the big human did not stopped by today, after pestering her for the past two days.

'Though, it is hardly pestering, we barely had any conversation.'

Though, there is a change that took place somewhere. Dream ponder of the past events.

'As I thought, Dia did something.'

Dia is still relatively young, mentally and physically. Dream should had hold up more from venting her problems to her only friend. Dia is still far from controlling his powers, what if Dia accidentally used his power and changed the Spadian King?

'Do the Diamond Seal have that kind of power?'

Speaking of seal, Dream touch her forehead. Dream decided to have bangs. Kaleid was not happy for a bit, but he liked it when he saw that Dream still look cute with it. He wants it shorter but Dream insist that she wants it below her eyebrows. This way, if ever the seal comes out, no one will see it. That she have a means to hide it.

'I wonder what is the power of Clover?'

The other three seals are easy to guess what kind of power they holds. The diamond with the power of authority and leadership, the Heart with the power of love and respect and the Ace with the power of strength and valiance. But how about the clover?

As Dream ponders, she noticed that she is already done with planting the seedlings Kaleid brought.

"Oh, oh, I was so lost in my thoughts that I did it so perfectly and fast."

The few seedlings she got today from the butler are even lined up perfectly. She is contemplating if she should pull them out and rearrange them randomly. However, she felt bad from removing them.

"I'll just say that Uncle Kaleid was a great teacher."

Dream smiled and watch the tiny leaves of peppermint dance with the wind. Plants might be stationary but she believes what her teacher in her previous life told to her. 'Plants have souls too.'

Why else will she feel so refreshed looking at this tiny lives.

Dream remember the parent in her past life. She remembers the woman who used her children's money to buy material things and people's affection, however in the end, even how much the woman shines, the darkness inside her won't stop eating away her soul.

"Plants must be the happiest souls in the world. They have nothing to lose and they don't have a heart that beats for unwanted emotions."

Dream suddenly hear a shriek and laughter from not so distance. She was scared for a moment, she thought that she become arrogant with her knowledge and the plants start responding. A moment pass, and she heard the same sounds from the same direction.

"Children..."

They are sounds of children laughing. Dream dragged her legs and feet to the sound. The Clover Garden is bordered with a fence that is surrounded by vines, acting as a net and covering. Dream took a peek and noticed couple knights standing on guard on the other side and in front of them are long short bush surrounding another garden.

Dream noticed a tiny hole at the fence and crawled inside it. When the soil and the vines made a little noise, the knights took noticed of her.

"Princess!" They whispered in awe.

"You must n-..."

"Psstt." Dream silence the knights with a single gesture. She could not believe it worked but she continue on her observing while hiding behind of one of the bushes.

The garden is garnished with beautiful flowers and plants. There are dwarf trees that are trimmed into a round shape and beautiful rocks forming a pathway. At the center is a big and beautiful gazebo with a oval table inside of it. Around the oval table are beautiful women seated with elegance and grace and it seems they are having a great time conversing with each other.

The children who Dream assumed to be related to the ladies, are playing at the wide space of the garden.

'It been a while since I heard children's laughter.'

Dia is a different case, the boy doesn't laugh without being snarky and sarcastic.

'Look at these innocence, compare to Dia's creepy smile.'

Dream remember the boy who is now technically her childhood friend, the boy was born in the jungle and was soon after left at Benjamin's manor when he turned two years old. The boy had experienced too much for a young age and now, he is even the Diamond seal bearer and the lord of the forest. Dream is saddened by the thought that her only friend will have to learn a lot of unwanted skills in order to live and to avoid betrayals, which is such a common occurrence to the people with power.

'Hmmm, but Do Dia have plan to be the Emperor's heir?'

Lost in her thoughts, Dream did not noticed a child who spotted her from the bushes. The sudden cry of the child, startled Dream.

"Mommy!! Mommy!! There is a witch in the bushes!!"

The child cries while running back to the gazebo. The other children was surprised and not long after spotted Dream too. One by one they started crying and running away from her.

'Wha-? A witch? Where? Me?!'

Dream is filled with confusion and just dumbly stood there. The knights who were silenced earlier are quite surprised and confused too.

"Mommy!! She have red eyes! Her red eyes are glowing!! She will eat me!!"

'E-eat?!'