9

Yoongi's POV

Y/N jumped to attention as soon as I groaned.

Grabbing my hand, she caressed my fingers and hovered over me, her expressions full of anxiety.

I felt too weak to open my eyes fully but when she started yelling for the nurse, I tugged her hand lightly.

"My head hurts, Y/N." I murmured and Y/N quietened as if I'd reprimanded her.

"You're going to be fine, Yoongi. I'll call the nurse." She spoke, her voice barely above a whisper.

I grimaced and pulled at her wrist, preventing her from leaving. "I'm fine." I told her determinedly. "It's late. I don't want the nurse to intrude in my time with you."

Y/N frowned and pulled her hand away, a light blush colouring her cheeks, though I couldn't be sure if it was due to our proximity or if she was naturally this pink-faced.

"Don't be childish, Yoongi. You fainted on me out of nowhere. The nurse has to check up on you." She spoke firmly but I groaned.

"I know my body, okay? Just let it be." Gripping my chest, I winced as the memory of being stabbed returned.

It had been a dangerous mission but I couldn't let the fear of dying hold me back.

Since I was here now, alive and breathing. The days events didn't matter.

"Now, instead of shouting for that annoying nurse, sit your pretty ass down and get some sleep." I commanded as Y/N's steps faltered.

Hesitantly, she slipped back into her chair as I struggled to adjust myself into a sitting position. Failing, I turned to ask her for help. I wasn't very happy about asking her for assistance...but to my surprise, she was already moving before I could even utter a word.

"Let's get you comfortable." She whispered. "Careful. Lean back a little. There you go." She smiled as she pushed the covers upto my chin. "Is it fine? Or do you-"

"I'm perfectly comfortable." I muttered. And I was. Her personality made being around her so easy and I smiled a little at the thought.

"I'm curious." Y/N resounded as she settled on the edge of the bed, her back facing me. "But I'm afraid you won't answer and I don't want to experience that. It'll reaffirm the notion that I don't belong in your world." She muttered softly, gently picking on the dress.

I chuckled to myself. "Answering your questions yourself, huh?" I stared at her back and how her hair fell across her back in soft waves. "You must be facing a pretty huge dilemma, no? Shows how much you trust me." I tsked.

"You won't answer me anyway!" She snapped. "There's a terrible wound on your chest and you know how much that worries me but you still won't answer me. It's you who doesn't care!" Y/N cried, her voice cracking.

"There's women seducing you behind my back and you're putting your life in danger everyday and yet I don't even know who the hell you are!" She looked at me with accusatory eyes brimming with tears and turned away. "It's useless to cry." She muttered dejectedly.

I watched sobs wreck her body for a minute and couldn't take it anymore.

"Come here." I poked her lightly but she angrily freed her arm.

"I don't like you right now, Yoongi." She cradled her arm protectively. "Don't touch me." She murmured as she slipped out of my grasp again.

"Ah, come on, Y/N!" My voice came out whiny as she finally looked back at me. "Kiss me." I pouted, pulling her back to me. "Quick, my heart hurts!" I groaned playfully.

But Y/N covered her mouth, her eyes burning with envy. "Go kiss that woman. I'm sure she'd love to be in my place right now."

Y/N's POV

I was jealous. Oh, so jealous. And I knew Yoongi could see my petty emotions. But I dared not take my hand off my mouth. If he kissed me, there was no way I'd be able to stay angry for too long.

"I want answers first." I spoke in a muffled voice.

Yoongi sighed. "You're one hard nut to crack, Y/N." He stared at me and frowned at my hand. "I think I'll need to put a ring on you soon...if you're that curious about me." He smiled softly.

"It's too soon!" I blurted. "What if I'm not right for you?"

Yoongi chuckled. "You don't know me, Y/N and yet when I was hurt, you were sitting beside me. You're still here despite me not opening up to you and you think you're not right for me?" He mused. "I'd be a fool to let you go." He spoke firmly.

Lost for words, I blinked my eyes in disbelief. "You're not serious."

But Yoongi didn't seem to budge and shrugged. "Pretty fvcking serious, actually." He stared me down, as if daring me to spot a lie in his words.

I stuttered. "Y-you don't m-mean, you don't mean marriage, do you?"

"Would you like to be my live-in partner then?" He smirked, knowing fully well I'd be revolted at the idea.

I frowned. "Bastard." I muttered and hit his arm. "I'll never marry you. Nor will I live with you."

"We'll see, baby. We'll see." He challenged and I blushed. "I promise you, you'll be kissing me as my bride within a month. And since that's final..." He paused. "I'll tell you everything now."