5

Y/N's POV

How did he know my name?

I stared at Yoongi suspiciously as he proceeded to make the payment, completely unaware of his slip-up.

"Who are you?" I narrowed my eyes as he turned around, a carry bag in his hand and his smile faltered.

"What do you mean?" He frowned. "Didn't I just tell you?"

I crossed my arms. "You know my name." I stated as realisation seemed to dawn across his face. "How did you know my name. I'm pretty sure I didn't tell you yet."

Yoongi smiled sheepishly. "I'm sorry." He handed me the bag of sausages. "I may or may not have done some background work on you." He admitted hesitantly and looked at me as if he already expected the next question I asked him.

"So..." I stuttered and took a step backwards.

Who knew, he could be a stalker or a serial killer and I'd just walked headfirst into his orchestrated act. Besides, the most handsome ones were usually the craziest.

"You mean that you-this was planned?" I burst out instinctively as my temper grew steadily.

"You tricked me!" I whisper-yelled, trying not to get kicked out of the store for being too loud. I felt betrayed.

For the first time in life, when I thought there was a possibility of someone genuinely liking me and that I could finally see myself dating a man...he did this?

Men really were untrustworthy. I looked up at Yoongi's face again and then lowered my eyes. I was clearly never going find the one meant for me.

Maybe, true love was just a myth.

Yoongi's POV

I always believed love made people dumb and today I was experiencing the statement too.

Though what I felt for Y/N was nowhere close to love but if the attraction I felt for the woman standing in front of me was enough for me to lose my presence of mind, I could only imagine the condition of actual lovers.

I sighed. How could I forget that I wasn't supposed to say her name out loud?

I had not only jeopardised our potential relationship but also risked revealing my identity, which as I looked at Y/N's angry face, I realised I was going to have to reveal sooner or later if I didn't want this relationship to end even before it started.

"I don't think you recognise me." I began slowly, awkwardly rubbing my neck.

"Yes, I don't." Y/N retorted. "And if you don't explain in a minute, I'll have a restraining order placed against you and-"

I smirked. Restraining order, placed against an agent of the Union? Never in a million years.

But of course, I couldn't tell her that.

Grabbing her wrist, I dragged her out of the store and pushed us both into a small adjacent street.

"Can't you give me a chance?" I pinned her against the wall. "I promise to tell you everything you want when the time comes."

"No!" Y/N struggled to push me off and I let her, though I didn't completely let go of her wrists. "I don't care who you are. I don't like you and I won't go anywhere with you. We won't ever meet again so there'll be no future time either." She huffed and glared at me, still pointlessly struggling against me.

I tilted my head to the side and gazed deep into her fiery eyes. "Don't like me? Why do I think that's just a big fat lie?"

Y/N blushed and I smiled triumphantly.

"You're not a good liar, my sweet." I flicked her nose and dodged immediately as Y/N tried to bite my finger.

I raised my eyebrows and leaned in so that our breaths were mingling. I closed my eyes momentarily as her cool citrus scent hit me straight in the gut and then paused inches away from her lips.

"There are a lot of places on my body I'd like you to take in your mouth, darling. Don't go testing my self-control, okay?" I whispered as Y/N gawked at me.

"I know you're shaken, kitten." I smirked and slipped a card into her hand. "Call me whenever you're ready. I'm not an ordinary person, Y/N and I'll explain only when I know you're ready to hear me out."

"But-but what if I don't call you?" She stuttered and I smiled a little.

"Well you certainly won't be the first to do that." I stepped back and gave her a sincere look. "Not many people want to be involved with me once they know who I am. Make wise decisions, Y/N." I smiled. "I'll be waiting for your call but...I won't wait long."