7

Y/N's POV

After his not so unambiguous confession, I didn't see Yoongi for two days.

Our little midnight encounter had left me hanging from the edge and I craved to meet him again.

It wasn't as if I hadn't been attracted to someone before. I had had my fair share of one-sided crushes in my life but no man had ever possessed the sort of charm that tugged at my heartstrings like a magnet.

I knew I was venturing into a dangerous territory but that's what my short meetings with him did to me.

Despite not knowing anything about him, despite realising that he probably wasn't good for me, I still couldn't help but get drawn towards him, irrevocably and helplessly.

I tossed and turned in the bed as I glanced at my phone screen for the thousandth time that day and yet there was no message from him.

No text that could confirm that the 'below the streetlight rendezvous' hadn't been a product of my imagination and that we were actually dating now, nor did I know anything about his whereabouts.

From the little that I had assumed about him, he seemed to be a person of importance who was in a dangerous profession and that knowledge worried me.

Setting my phone down, I reached out to switch off the lights when the screen lit up. Scrambling to grab my phone, I eagerly clicked on the notification and a single text blinked up at me.

Go to sleep, Y/N. I can only come in after you've turned off the lights...provided I'm allowed to.

I giggled at the last note of hesitation in the text and peered out of the window. Nothing but pitch darkness met my eyes.

Where are you exactly?

I'm not foolish enough to reveal my hideout. Don't act smart.

I smiled to myself and turned off the phone but it pinged again.

Am I allowed to come in though? Pretty forward but I've had a tough day and I wouldn't mind some warmth.

Why don't you come in and find out for yourself?

I typed back, giggling at my naughtiness. There was no chance he was actually here and that gave me courage.

It wasn't like he could see me. There was nothing to worry about. He was my boyfriend and a little flirting didn't hurt.

Still smiling, I slipped into the bed and pulled the quilts over my head. It wasn't until ten minutes later that I felt the bed dip. My eyes widened as my body froze in fear. Was I imagining things?

How was there someone in bed right next to me when I hadn't even heard anyone entering? I was sure I hadn't dozed off.

Closing my eyes, balling my hands into fists I turned around abruptly, ready to overpower the intruder but a familiar touch on my knuckles made me loosen up a bit.

"There there. Easy now, kitten." Yoongi smirked up at me, his hands in surrender mode as I unashamedly straddled him. "I didn't know you hadn't slept."

Blushing, still recovering from the shock, I separated my body from him with a jerk and settled in a defensive position, not too away from him.

If he was here to pull any moves on me, he wasn't going to make it out of here without a good fight.

"How the frick did you enter without making a single sound?" I whisper-yelled as he continued to stare at me, amused. "Are you a cat or what? And why do we always meet in the night? It's past midnight-" I observed, still anxious. "Aren't you not supposed to be here?"

I watched with building annoyance as Yoongi seemed unfazed by my questions. Casually, he leaned back against my headboard as if it were his own.

"I told you, I am not an ordinary man, Y/N." He spoke calmly, his tone just a tad bit playful. "I could abduct you from here and not even the night would know." His eyes glinted mysteriously in the dark and despite his unbelievable words, I resisted the urge to scoff.

Coming from his mouth, they sounded genuine. As if it really wouldn't be an effort for him to whisk me out of this house and then I'd be alone with him...at his mercy.

My cheeks reddened at the thought.

"Stop bluffing." I blurted anyway and pointed towards the window.

"I'd like it if you left right now-" I paused, still wrapping my mind around the idea that he'd come in through the window.

"-from the same window you came in." I finished, my voice getting desperate by the second. "If my mother finds you here, I'm dead meat. Also ordinary or special, she's capable enough to beat up any man who's  sleeping uninvited in her daughter's room."

Yoongi didn't seem fazed by my threat either as he gazed at me intensely, his eyes moving with every gesture I made.

He was following every action of mine, I realised with a jolt and pulled back my hands that I'd been gesturing so animatedly with.

"A-are you leaving?" I stuttered, knowing full well that he had no intention to.

"Let me stay till the morning." He answered simply and tossed his jacket, mask and cap off in one elegant movement. Looking up at me, he patted his thigh lightly, his eyes smiling.

"I want you here." He held his arms out as I placed my hand in his outstretched one as if I were in a trance.

Letting him pull me onto his lap, I didn't dare to blink for I was afraid of my loudly thudding heart exposing me in front of him.

His thumb continuously caressed the skin of my exposed thigh and I jumped every time it accidentally slipped underneath the hemline of my pyjamas.

"Sleep." He said finally and I noticed his tone was drowsy. "I promise I won't eat you." He opened his eyes just barely enough to smirk at me. "At least not tonight." He grinned and rested his head again.

"Why does it feel like we are moving too fast?" I muttered silently as I stared at his clear skin shining in the soft moonlight.

"Why can't I send you out? Why am I letting you sleep here? What's this strange feeling of losing control when I'm around you?" I whispered against his ear and felt him jolt to consciousness. "Why am I not afraid of you even though I should be?"

I finally dared to voice my thoughts but he never answered because one minute, I was in his lap and the other, Yoongi had me pinned down against the mattress.

"Maybe because-" He gripped the flimsy strap of my camisole and pushed it down to reveal my shoulder. Tracing a circle around my heart he grinned lazily.

It wasn't an innocent smile. It was the laugh of a man driven crazy with lust for the one he loved and it drove me insane as he mouthed his next words. "-because you might just have a thing for a problematic, egomaniac who won't think twice before devouring you." He whispered, making my breath catch.

My heart fluttered at his words although there wasn't anything romantic about them at all.

The look in his eyes was raw, full of pure, uncensored passion and it made me clench my thighs instinctively.

What did this situation make me?

Why was I not doubtful about a man I knew barely anything about and who was making such intimate statements about me?

Why did I hear the underlying intonation of something more than just lust in the need that rang in his tone?

Was I a pushover?

Or had I really fallen in love?