2

Y/N's POV

It was difficult to trust someone in such a life threatening situation.

Tears pierced my eyes as fear bloomed in my heart. I thought of my mother waiting for me at home and my heart broke.

A glance upwards revealed the vast open sky, dark and endless but what lay below was even terrifying.

I couldn't bear to look downwards because then I could see the death pouncing on me with its razor sharp claws digging into my skin, making me lose consciousness.

"Trust me." The man who'd practically swooped in a few metres underneath me, held out his hand, urging me to let go.

I desperately wanted to but the heart thudding in my chest was fearful...of death and what lay beyond.

"I can't." I sobbed. "I can't die." A desperate plea escaped my lips as I glanced at the man's blurry figure through tear filled eyes.

"I won't let you." The man said softly, shaking his hand desperately. "There's no time," I glanced upwards to see the railing I held on to coming off from the concrete. My eyes widened.

"Let go! Quick!" The man yelled urgently and I took a deep breath.

"I'm sorry, mom." I whimpered and let go. As soon as my fingers slipped from the steel, I realised how raw my fingers were but the fear settled in instantly as I hurtled down, free falling.

My scream got stuck in my throat and the world seemed grey and blurry. A sickening sensation rose in the pit of my stomach and I could feel my skin prickling with the realisation of my unavoidable death.

Closing my eyes, I braced myself for the fall. It seemed like I had never seen that man. As if he was just a fragment of my imagination, clinging onto the last straw of hope that I would be saved. I let my tears flow rapidly.

Perhaps, I really was destined to live an useless life and then die in vain.

Suddenly, there was a thud, a groan and the world spun out of focus.

Yoongi's POV

The woman was unexpectedly light as I hovered mid-air, her waist barely in my grasp. I groaned as I shifted her weight onto my torso, her unconscious figure moulding against my body.

"Here we go, love." I muttered to myself as I tightened my waist harness around both of us, binding us together and shot off upwards.

The ascent was slow and peaceful as the pulleys clicked and screeched, working to pull our weight upwards and I took the chance to get a good look at the woman's face.

Her hair was long, straight and covered most of her back as she breathed peacefully against my shoulder, her palms flat against my chest.

The makeup on her face shone in the dimly lit night and the light bounced off her skin giving it an ethereal glow as a bright red lip balanced out all the paleness.

She was clearly a server judging from her formal black and white outfit, one that I realised looked quite frayed up close.

The girl probably wasn't very well off which also explained why she was working away from Korea, and for a bastard like Woods.

Once on the terrace, I laid her against the wall and cursed when her skirt rose up, revealing her bare legs.

Why did these hotels have to dress up their employees in such inappropriate clothes?

I had no right to ask that question yet I found myself wondering...because it was her.

I couldn't say that I was a saint who'd never been with a woman before and I had enough experience to know what legs like these could do.

I wasn't interested in the woman, no, but there was something in the warmth of her body and the sheer helplessness in her demeanour that triggered my protective instincts.

I didn't know a thing about her and yet she had already made me go out of my way twice.

Sighing softly, I pulled my leather jacket off my body and threw it upon her legs.

Turning away, I threw one last look at her before grabbing my stuff and disappearing into the night's mysterious darkness.

A day later

Yoongi's POV

I walked out of the headquarters cursing myself for being overcome with emotion last night.

If I hadn't given that woman the jacket, the USB would still have had been in my possession while now there seemed to be little chances of me getting my hands on it.

I knew nothing about the whereabouts about the woman and I didn't care.

I didn't care about the trouble I had to go through to save her and I didn't care about the fact that I'd left her even though she aroused my curiosity in ways I hadn't thought possible.

I didn't even care about the goddamn jacket which had been with me ever since I'd become a part of this world.

All I cared about was to find that woman and that USB which held the passwords to all the top secret peace initiatives planned by The Union.

As soon as I got the coordinates on my phone, I was rushing through the New York streets to get to the little apartment where the woman supposedly lived. I knew well enough how to retrieve the USB, given that she did have it on her.

I wouldn't have been surprised if the woman hadn't been a waitress at all but one of Woods' people, conspiring against the peace making agencies even after his death.

If that was the case, the information was probably far out of even the American continent by now.

I sighed, stepping on the accelerator.

Either way, I had a lot to talk about-I remembered her name from the nametag -with Miss Y/N.