FOURTEEN

Miles

Miles watched in amusement as the brown-haired girl sitting opposite him completely doused her pizza in cheese. She took a bite of the slice, a small satisfied smile playing on her pink lips.

Is this what girls are really like? He wondered. The reality of game development was that he spent most of his time cooped up in a studio full of guys, and had very little interaction with women.

"Are you on a diet?" Miles quipped, relaxing his hands on the arm rests of his chair.

"Why do you say that?" She eyed him cautiously while chewing.

"You're positively stuffing your face. Like you haven't eaten in days."

She rolled her eyes. "I'm hungry."

"What's your name?" Miles blurted out, unable to deal with not knowing who she was any longer.

"Why do you want to know?"

The question caught Miles off guard. It bothered him. Why, indeed, was it so important to know her name?

But he shoved the unsolvable mystery to the back of his mind and instead snickered. "So I know what to name my next ninja character."

He caught a blush creep into her peppered cheeks, and involuntarily, his eyes wandered south. As she bent over the pizza, her chest lowered and awarded him a generous view of her deep freckled cleavage, hugged tightly by the black leather.

He shifted his legs as naturally as he could. Nothing to see here.

"Who are you, Miles Mason? Some kind of game developer?"

"You didn't answer my question."

"I don't have to."

Damn it. Miles was used to having his way by now, but this girl wasn't making it easy. Her rebuttals, while simple, were logical and effective.

"I'll show you mine if you show me yours," he returned.

She paused, as though to consider his offer. The proposition must've been tempting enough, as he could almost hear her thoughts whirling in her head.

She opened her mouth to answer, but an alarm sounded from her pocket.

"Shit." She fumbled with her phone, which blared louder before she silenced it. "I have to be at the auditorium for a showcase."

"We'll do this over dinner then." Miles smirked, tucking his business card into her open palm. "Come to booth A03 when you're done."