"Son it's to save your life!"

"You think I don't know that eomma?I know okay! I know you just want me to live, but guess what? I don't wanna! I don't wanna just live on a bed, knowing what love feels like and have it right next to me, without being able to feel it!"

"Jimin-"

"It's my life! I'll live it the way I want to, and I want to live a life where I can get a hug, or kiss or cuddle without a big no looming over my head!"

Silence fell over the three of them, Jimin still breathing in heavily to calm himself down, and to stop the smoke from pouring out. He hesitated to lean on either of them, afraid that he would be rejected, because of their paranoia that Jimin would break if they touched him.

And that was why Jimin broke down in tears when he felt Yoongi's arm snake around his waist and pull him in, placing a kiss on the top of his head. Jimin cried into his hyung's chest, the fabric of the older boy's shirt clenching into his fists as he held on, as if it were the last feeling he would ever get.

And it was Mrs. Park who saw Yoongi bite back his tears, to console Jimin. And she felt a tinge of selfish happiness that Jimin was given priority.

She sighed, forming a sort of understanding with her son's needs, and accepted his decision, sitting next to them on the couch, and began to rub small circles into her son's back.

And through the tears, and the knowledge that he probably wouldn't last long, Jimin was happy.

Happy that they understood.

*

After we found out that Jimin was back to square one, Mrs. Park left us alone, because she got a call from one of her clients. She seemed very displeased as she talked on the phone, and sighed as she almost stomped down the stairs. I could understand what she was feeling. If I had gotten a call in that moment, I would've straight up cursed at them.

Jimin had fallen asleep from exhaustion, and I sat there on the couch, leaning back so that he would be comfortable on my chest, finally letting everything I kept inside out and into the air. I felt crushed, the whole world crumbling around me as it hit me. One day, Jimin would lie still as he is now, but he would never wake up again.

Hot tears rolled down my cheeks without consent, and I had to struggle to stop them from falling on my sleeping angel's head. My heart felt empty and hollow. It was hard loving someone when you know you'd lose them soon.

Jimin hummed in his sleep and nuzzled close, wrapping his small arms around me, pouting slightly. Unable to resist, I placed a small kiss atop his head, hugging back, ignoring the awkwardness of my position, reminding myself that whatever pain I was feeling, Jimin was going through something a thousand times worse.

He squeezed his eyes a bit before slowly opening them, and met my gaze with those doe eyes and cute pout. My heart began to run at a hundred and fifty miles per second. "Hi hyung" He said tiredly, yawning and settling on my chest again.

"I love you," I said, just to get it out again, and I wanted to say it as much as possible while I could.

"That was sudden," He mumbled, looking up at me, brows furrowed in inquiry.

"Well I wanted to say it first for a change, cuz you insist on taking away all the romantic moments," I reasoned, bringing a small smile to his face. And that smile was worth the little white lie to hide the fact that I wanted to say those words at least a hundred times before letting him go.

"Hmm that's cuz I love you loads and you don't catch on to romantic moments quick enough," He said, moving away and sitting up next to me.

"And that is an awkward way to sit, why didn't you wake me up and get comfy?" He said, pointing out my position as I groaned and fixed my body in a more comfortable way.