Ch 17| Thank you Yoongi

After I had given a half failed answer to his question, Jimin smiled. It was sinister, and evil, and did more harm than any smirk ever could. "Do you think it's nice?"

Like duh. 

I nodded. He smiled a little wider, a little of that mochi innocence seeping into his otherwise cruelly beautiful face. "Yeah?" He asked, and sounding a little excited, he moved a bit closer, shifting so that he was sitting on his knees. "That's awesome!"

I breathed. "Oh thank god he wasn't trying anything smart," I thought, relieved, and flashed him an easy smile.

"So how was your day hyungie?" He asked, eyes sparkling as he bounced excitedly on his knees.

"It was interesting," I began, and he silently ooooohed moving closer. I didn't realize this, so I kept talking. "I met my hyung's boyfriend today, and ate lamb skewers after a long time, and walked a little before coming back,"I summarized my day, leaving out the little discussion I had had with Seokjin hyung. He didn't have to know about that.

Jimin pouted. "How's that interesting? Anybody can do those," He whined, getting comfortable on my knees. It took me a second to register where Jimin was, and then another second to find my voice. I felt myself getting hot and bothered all over again.

"Uh- well I didn't know hyung had a boyfriend, so that was a surprise," I said eyeing his small hands which began to play with the floppy ends of my hair.

"Mmmhmm?"He asked, twirling a strand f it around his finger.

"And we had this little talk which was nice. I don't do little talks normally," I said again, trying to keep my voice even, and before Jimin could add anything or make me any more flustered I reciprocated his question. "So how was your day Jimin-ah?"

He thought for a bit, snuggling closer into my chest and shrugging, and I did my best to keep my mouth from making any stupid noise. He was particularly clingy today. I wondered if there was a specific reason for it.

"Nothing much I guess, I sat around all day, ate, watched some TV, y'know? The usual,"

I nodded in understanding. 

"Except-"

So there was more. Uneasiness settled in the pit of my stomach for some reason unknown.

"I discovered this game? Dance Dance Revolution?"

I did not like where this was going.

"And I played, and I swear I'm really good at it. But well I kinda found out I can't do over half the dance at one go, 'cause I sorta passed out for a while after that,"

"Jimin!"

"Hang on I'm not done!"

"I doubt that it's going anywhere better,"

"Hyung it was an experiment~"

"Goddammit Jimin your life isn't a fucking experiment!"  exclaimed, getting up from the couch, startling Jimin out of my lap.

"Hyung-"

"No Jimin, just stop," I said, voice cracking. I couldn't believe he would do something so stupid. He could've died. "You promised that you won't go killing yourself Jimin, you promised," I said, kneeling in front of him and grabbing hold of his face, forcing him to look into my eyes. He swallowed.

"I wasn't trying to..."

"The hell you weren't! You know you can't handle strain, dammit you can barely take a hug! I know it hurts Jimin-ah, but you can't do this to me! Don't you ever do this to me, you don't know how much you'll hurt me if I had to come back to your dead body," I said, wiping the tears that were forming at the corner of his eyes and pulled him into the hug, locking him in safely in my embrace, feeling his heart beat.