Ch 06|Discovery and decision

An e cafe is like any other cafe, the only difference being that there is no coffee served, and instead of normal people, it was usually filled by broke teenagers who needed to do homework, or needed to download a movie or play a game.

My broke self was an exception.

Having practically grown up with Seokjinnie hyung, the owner of the place, I was allowed to come in and use it, at any time, for free. And though I refused to abuse that opportunity most of the time, today, I was desperate.

After my hyung locked me in a bone crushing embrace, I wriggled and thrashed for a good five minutes before finally breaking away. Sometimes I wished that I had a personalized board that said "Do not touch,"

Honestly, this world knows nothing about personal space.

Hyung was grinning as I fixed my hair and my glasses, scowling as I smoothed out the wrinkles in my top.

"What brings you here Yoongi-ah? Finally gonna take me up on my offer?" He asked chuckling lightly.

"Yep, if you don't mind, that is," I said, meeting his eyes which widened with his grin. How that was possible, I don't know. But he ended up looking like a surprised wide eyed clown. It was creepy.

He clapped.

"Finally! You never come over these days, this is good!" He exclaimed, and immediately started pushing me towards one of the computers in the corner of the room, because even if he himself didn't respect my privacy, he did know that I was more comfortable being alone in a corner.

"Thanks hyungie," I said as I sat down in front of the computer.

"No problem kitten," He smiled and nodded before going off towards the counter again, to help a particularly lanky and awkward looking kid.

"Alright, Park Jimin, tell me who you are," I mumbled under my breath and typed into the search bar;

"Park Laboratories; Park Jimin"

There were over 3.3 million results in 0.25 seconds. And every single one of them was a news piece on a lab accident, a man taken away in handcuffs, and a scared little boy who looked around three or four.

One article in particular, stood out to me.

I clicked on it, and an article from around seventeen years ago came up.

It seemed legit enough, so I began to read.

NEVER LET YOUR SCIENTIST HUSBAND BABYSIT YOUR FOUR YEAR OLD SON

-Article by Choi Minji

Park Enterprises, a reputed chain of institutes in South Korea, is owned by the first and most successful female CEO of its time, Park Eunji. Once the young woman announced her marriage to Kim Eunwoo, a biochemist, it was no surprise when Park Laboratories opened. This was  a little over four years ago. And in this short period of time, it has created many vaccines and medicines that have helped in the advancement in the medical field of South Korea by leaps and bounds. It was another success under the Park enterprises brand. However, it seems that after four years of smooth running, the laboratory faced its first and most disastrous  stumble.

A week ago, on the 21st of August, at 7:35 a.m, emergency services receive a very disturbing call from Park Labs. It is at 7:45 that the ambulance arrives and carries out an unconscious four year old to the van, and takes him to a hospital. He is stiff and out cold, and only a slight pulse is felt. There is a half empty syringe stuck to the side of his neck.