Company Girl (picture of Lillian and Naomi)

Chapter Two

The day started well. A sunny sky, steaming hot coffee and no dead bodies about the house. Bliss. Sarah dressed in her usual casual clothes and hunted for her yellow pages. Flicking through the pages, she found an ad that caught her eye. Nightingale Carpetting Company 02088517996. She dialled the number quickly and left her name and address with the secretary, who promised that she'd get someone around this evening.

Locking the door behind her as she left the flat, Sarah smiled. Today looked like it would be a good day.

**********************************************

She ground her teeth as she waited outside Viktor's door. His two secretaries from hell, Lillian and Naomi, were tapping away at the desks which flanked the door to his office. Both of them wereb taking turns to glare at her like she was the ugliest, most repulsive thing to walk the earth. And the gutting thing was, next to them, she did look like that.

Both of them were gorgeous. Lillian was a tall, willowy blonde with full pink lips and captivating blue eyes. Pale, flawless skin, legs to die for - you get the idea. Nobody can be THAT perfect. I bet she's got some hidden flaw. I hope she's a total bimbo who can't talk about anything interesting or think for herself. But i'll never know. She would never embarass herself by talking to lowly old me. Sarah snorted and glanced to her right at Naomi.

Almost Lillian's polar opposite,  Naomi had black/brown hair and walnut skin, proud cheekbones offset by a strong yet feminine nose and high eyebrows. Her eyes were green. Or maybe hazel. Sometimes they almost looked brown, but Sarah had never questioned how they changed colour. Here at the company, you were lucky if you even knew what species you were dealing with.

Lillian cleared her throat and waved her hand towards the door. Clearly, Sarah was now deemed worthy enough to enter. Rolling her eyes, she gripped the handle, swallowed her nerves and entered the room.

Viktor's office looked like a conventional office, rosewood bookshelves stacked with ornaments and books along the side walls, a single desk facing the door. No photos on display though. She didn't imagine viktor to be the type who had family. Or a life outside his job. Hell, maybe he lived in this building for all she knew.

Viktor stood next to the far wall, gazing out of the wall to wall window that let in the morning light and allowed a stunning view of central london. He turned and smiled as she entered, making all her thoughts about having a good old arguement with him go flying out the window and splat onto the distant ground below. Why can't there be some normal looking people around here? Besides me of course. Why does everyone here look like a frickin glamour model?

Dressed in a suit that looked like it cost a year of her wages, Viktor Jefferson lounged, one hand rested nonchalantly against the glass, the other cradling a glass of what was no doubt very expensive whiskey. He was handsome in a suave, James Bond kind of way. He made her want to act like a jittery teenager all over again. And she hated him with everything in her.

"Well hello there Sarah" his gaze raked over her body, taking in every inch. The barely controllable, teenage part of her that wanted to jump him was rolling in glee at his ravishing look. But she clamped down firmly on those thoughts. He was an oily little toad. That looks absolutely mouth watering. Urgh, shut up brain.

"Viktor" she replied curtly, seating herself and folding her hands on her lap, ignoring the itch to cross the room and run her hands over him.

"I see you survived the attacked unscathed?" He chuckled, moving around the desk to perch on the edge in front of her. Damn, if he moves any closer i'm going to do something stupid. And he knows it. Stupid...man. If he is a man. He's definitely no ordinary human.