CHAPTER 9

Esper's pov

" I love you."

"I love you too." His smile once made me fall for him. But now,  I can see the madness behind them. I was blinded by love so far, that is why I couldn't see his lust...lust to kill and derive joy in it. Lust...to control.

————

"Wake up!" I jolted up and hugged him. My hands are touching everything that it could. I am sure I am scratching his back.

"I....i....." I chocked out many sobs and my spit is out of my mouth running along the corner. I couldn't subside the sobs. They are getting violent causing the hiccups to rise.

" He is going to kill me. He is going to kill you too. We are going to die." Now my hands found his hair and I hugged him tighter.

"You listen to me carefully, " he tried to soothe me by running his hands through my hair tenderly.

"  I am here to kill him. Not the other way around. "He kissed my hairs.

" I promise even if I die in this process, I will make sure you will have a very beautiful future." He broke the hug and wiped my tears with his thumb.

" Obviously, my son will take care of you. Don't cry anymore, ok?" He kissed my forehead. I looked at his closed eyes,

"You already have a son. A one-night stand?" I mumbled, still having the effect of weeping.

Who cares? It is not like I am going to be with this guy that long, to be taken care of by his son.

"One-night stand?" He erupted into laughs.

Laughing alone is rude. That too laughing at someone.

"I was talking about our future son." He wiggled his eyebrows like he is suggesting something that is going to bring world peace.

I glared at him, narrowing my eyes.

"I will brush my teeth. You go down, I will come." I told him and got out of the bed.

I turned my back towards him and went towards the bathroom.

"What did you dream?"

I halted my steps. I refused to turn back. I took a second for myself and went inside the bathroom.

When I finished my business, he was not there in my room. I contemplated with myself whether or not I should go down.

"Hey! You prepared breakfast, it smells nice." I said pretending like everything is normal.

" I came to inform you about breakfast. But..." He looked uncomfortable,

"Let's dig in then, it looks delicious, " I started eating not even bothering to see what is in it. He also started to devour his food. I think he decided to give me space. He is not asking anything.

"Is there anything you want to tell me?" I stopped eating and diverted my gaze from the food to look at him.

"I am going back for a while. If you want to tell me anything, you can. It can be about our marriage or..."

"Where are you going?" I asked him. I thought he wants to know about the murderer.

"Since you can't tell me anything until marriage, I have no purpose here. And my company has a crisis that I personally need to deal with. I will be back in three days. So, if there is anything you need to talk about, you can tell me." He smiled at me,

"If you want me to buy anything—"

"What if I die in these three days?" I gave him a cold look. He failed to think about it. The most important thing. What if he returns back only to find my corpse with an iris. Doing all the sweet talks but no action.

"You won't die." He gave me an equal cold glare.

" You didn't die when my brother died." He came closer moving his upper body. Though there is a table between us, I feel like we are standing nose to nose.

"You didn't die when my mother died." He laughed humourlessly.

" You wouldn't die even if I died. Even if I die...you and your secrets will be very safe." He stood up from the chair making a screeching noise.

He turned his back, giving me a side glance,

"Your necklace is very beautiful, " with that he stormed to the corridor.

Great!

I traced my necklace. Didn't we already agree to reveal everything once we get married? Sorry!...once he stays alive. He is being ridiculous now.

Wait...what if he leaves angrily and changes his mind. What if stays there forever? Just apologize and solve this problem, Esper. Now is not the time to think about dignity. Now is the time to be shameless. It is fine, Esper. You got this!

—————

I peeked inside the balcony not daring to enter. One moment he is being so lovely but the next moment he gets angry without any reason. He is so stubborn too. He is there for the entire morning. And, I am peeking at him the entire morning too. I can't seem to pluck up my courage. Why am I acting like this?

That's it. I am going to face this. Come on, Esper.

I stood beside him. How dare he? He is refusing to acknowledge me. I cleared my throat. But I got no reaction.

"Ahem" I cleared my throat again but more loudly.

He turned to walk away from me but my words stopped him.

"He came to my room yesterday. But I thought it was a dream, that is why I didn't tell you. He gave me this locket." I waited for him to give any response but nothing came.

"But I really had a dream. It was about my brother. He died in his teen. He was mentally not stable," I laughed but not of happiness,

"He killed too, you know. He killed a girl in our orphanage and the next day he killed himself too." I looked up at the sky and sighed,

"In his last moments, he told me,

"Not all the killers want to kill, but they do enjoy it."

"I dreamt him today." I took a deep breath to control myself from crying.

It was complete silence. None of us was talking. We stood not moving an inch. I turned towards him. This is the first time I realize, the pain of someone showing their back to you. I did this to him in the very morning. I must have spoiled his mood.

I moved my hands to touch his shoulders,

"The locket is my mother's." I stopped my movements.

No wonder I am facing his angry side. I must have pinched his heart, wearing his mother's locked and roaming in front of him.

He went away from there. My hand is still hanging in the air. He left me with a heavy heart. But, what he did was not correct. I made him reminiscent his past unintentionally. But, I opened up about my past voluntarily, it should count for something.

What am I supposed to do? This dude probably wants me to remove his mother's locket. That guy will kill me if I remove this. What am I supposed to do?

———————

Vote, comment and share if you like this💜