Best Friends

Abigail's POV

Today was the day. The day of my date with Quentin. I still had to go to school though. Ugh! I got out of bed and went to my closet. Since it was still summer weather I took out a summer outfit ( up above ). I then went into my bathroom and I curled my hair. I then applied some powder , foundation , mascara , and a light pink lipgloss. I then put on my Doc. Martins and sunglasses. I went downstairs to be greeted by my mom.

" Good Morning , hun. " She said.

" Morning. " I said and walked into the kitchen.

I took out some bread and then popped it into the toaster. I went to the fridge and took out the butter. I then grabbed a knife , cinnamon , and sugar. I then poured the cinnamon and sugar into a bowl and mixed it together. My toast popped up and I grabbed a plate. I then spread the butter on the toast and then poured on the cinnamon and sugar. I walked out to grab my keys.

" Leaving now? " My Mom asks.

I nodded due to the food that I had shoved in my mouth. I swallowed and walked towards the door.

" Bye Mom. Love you. " I said and walked out of the house.

I opened the door to my yellow buggy. I started the engine and drove off to school. When I got to school I went to my locker. I got my books and all that then went to 1st period.

| After School |

I walked over to my car with Quentin. I swear I felt like someone was watching me.

" So I'll pick you up at 7? " Quentin asked.

I nodded while looking to the right. Someone was there , but they ducked down.

" Ok see you then. " He said , kissed my cheek , and then ran to his car which was the opposite way from mine.

I then looked over to my right and saw someone leave.

Weird...

I got into my car and headed home.

Quentin's POV

" Can I come over? " Nash asked through the phone.

" Uh - sure. " I said.

" Ok be there soon. " He said and the line went dead.

I went downstairs when I heard a knock.

Well that was fast. But yet again he only lives like 3 houses away from mine.

I opened the door and Nash walked in. I looked down at my watch.

6:30 p.m.

Only thirty minutes.

" So... " Nash said , awkwardly while sitting down on the couch.

" So what? " I asked.

He shrugged.

" You ready for your date? " He asked.

I just nodded.

" Cool. " He said.

We then sat in silence until he spoke again.

" I should get going. " He said.

" Ok. Bye. " I said.

Weird...

He then left. I checked the time and it was now

6:52 p.m.

I got up , brushed my teeth , combed my hair , and then left. I got to Abbi's house and knocked on the door. She then came out.

" Ready to go? " I asked.

She nodded and smiled.

| After Date |

" Well that was fun. " I said , pulling into her drive way.

" Ya it was. " She said , smiling.

" Well have a goodnight. " I said , walking her to the door.

" Back at Ya buddy! " She said.

" Ok best friend. " I said , laughing.

On the date I realized that I don't like Abbi like that. She said the same so now we are like best friends.

" Night. " She said as she unlocked her door.

" Night. " I said as she walked in her house.

I walked back to my car and drove home.