14

She walked until the canteen was purely visible to her.The canteen isn't huge, isn't too small. It could only suffice 3 people in it.It almost looked like a stationery shop in a school. There were a couple of female workers and a male worker.

She walked towards them and said:

"One coffee"

"In a minute Mam, please be seated ", one of the female worker said pointing towards the chair .She got seated facing the cafe and began scrutinising every peek of the surrounding.

There were nurses going here and there . Doctors , who had hung stethoscope in their necks ,walked negotiating with the nurses holding pieces of paper. For some reason , she felt all this surreal. She saw old aged couples coughing , one of them caressing them. Kids roamed here and there , sometimes playing hide and seek ,sometimes just running whose parents ran behind them in order to make the seated. But parents failed doing so. They instantly made friends and were playing.

"Mam,coffee"

"Ah yes",she was startled .

She took a sip.

She took the second sip.

She took the third sip.

Before she could take fourth , her phone vibrated .

"Oh my God ,shit happens", she screamed out loudly looking over the phone and accidentally she spilt out her coffee on the floor which spread to the table as well .The female worker gaited towards her. The people around whom she was examining, looked at her as if she was a zombie . Even the kids started laughing, as they saw the way she spilt out the coffee on the floor.

"Mam, any problem",the lady was puzzled.

Tahanniya felt bizarre. She took a tissue from the table . Wiped her mouth and then the table.

"No Mam, don't do that . It is our duty to do that",the lady took the tissue from her and left the place to get a mop.

She took her phone again which read:

"Hey"

Evan messaged you 35 seconds ago.

She didn't know why did she scream. She acted fool. Nothing had happened as it we should be screaming. It wasn't a problem that would make the Earth collapse but a problem which would probably make her heart collapse.

When the lady worker arrived with a mop she mumbled sorry for which they replied"its fine Mam. I hope that you are okay". Tahanniya just nodded.

She rechecked the phone.No it wasn't a dream. At least not for her.

Her eyebrows curved . Her lips trembled. She didn't how did he get her number. The interprets by Afa felt like making sense."We might not know which is a trap and honest ones. We might not.".

She again took a glance of the surrounding. People were still looking at her as if they expect her to be mentally disabled girl. She distributed a wicked smile. She excused herself and asked that same lady worker directions for the washroom.

It was empty when she got in. A luxurious and huge washroom. Saphire marbled.Even more bright lightings.Mirrors all over. She looked into it. When she did she could see 'brainless' Tahanniya .

Why this kinda things happens to me only?

I shouldn't have screamed ,that too when numerous people were around.

Idiot!

He is someone enigmatic.

Or how could he know my number .