Chapter Nine: Reunion?

Start from the beginning

"We may have to battle them to win Kirby back." James suggested. "It's clear that they won't like handing Kirby over to the people who they hate the most."

"Why do they hate you?" The question made them freeze.

"Erm, you see... The reason they hate us is because we're... the bad guys." Meowth sighed, knowing that Meta Knight would be severely disappointed. "The villains, the people who everyone dislikes. They defeat us time and time again, but we're the problem, why you can't just join them and Kirby! They send us blasting off countless times. They'll say we can't be trusted, that we're just heartless thieves. I mean, we are thieves but we ain't heartless. If we were, you would've just killed us like you said you would, but we agreed to help."

"They may see you as villains, but I do not. You are my friends, and I'm loyal to my friends, not the people who try and tell me otherwise." Meta Knight looked off into the distance, eyes turning a shade of grass green, then blue. "I am also a villain where I come from."

Team Rocket were taken aback- they were called friends? They then thought about it. They had trusted Meta Knight a whole lot more after he helped fight off Tsurara. They looked at each other, beaming. Meta Knight's moment of light-heartedness quickly disappeared, and he reverted to normal.

"What should we do?" Jessie asked. "To get Kirby to us?"

"And to try to avoid a fight we can't win?" James pondered. "What we need... is a distraction!"

"A distraction?" The other three repeated.

"Yes! Maybe, while we trash-talk them in our usual way, Meowth can sneak in and nab Kirby!" James was on a roll now. "If Kirby stays at the back, he can bring that pink cream-puff to us!"

"Huh? Suppose I get caught? What if they attack me or something?" Meowth said, fear in his voice. "All I know is Fury Swipes, and they don't work half the time!"

"Well, why don't we ask Meta Knight to help us fight? He's got a sword; claws can't be that different." Jessie suggested. Meta Knight nodded, drawing his sword. He twirled the weapon around in his gauntlets, a scary motion that looked like it could slip and slash someone.

"I accept your offer. Be careful, I won't go easy. I never go easy on Kirby and Kirby's just a toddler."

Meowth looked at the golden, spiked blade and gulped. Would he agree to training? Meta's trained a baby before, this shouldn't be too hard...

Heck yes, a chance at improving his terrible fighting skill? Why wouldn't he say yes?! 

Two hours later...

"Try again." Meta Knight chided. In the clearing in the forest, he was teaching Meowth how to use his talons to his advantage. Meta Knight internally groaned at his hopelessness, though he seemed to get better. After he knew how to fight properly, he would move on to Mimikyu, then Mareanie, who probably knew a bit more than their cat friend. "When a physical attack is coming towards you, you veer left and counterattack on their left side." Meowth nodded. Meta Knight suddenly leapt at him; his sword gleaming. Meowth jumped left at the last second and gave a weak scratch in the direction of the warrior.

"Much better than the first time. Now, actually try to attack me, and not just aim at me. Use your Fury Swipes again!"

Meowth knew what to expect now. He began his run at Meta Knight, claws forming in a bright white light. As Meta Knight dodged, Meowth also followed him for the first time, taking the warrior off-guard for the first time too.

"FURY SWIPES!!" He screamed, dicing his claws in front of him, closing his eyes as he felt his claws hit their mark. It landed a critical hit, making Meta Knight fly backwards into a tree, practically stunned, but not quite. He lost his grip on his sword as his eyes flickered in surprise. His Cape was a bit shredded, and he bled from multiple sharp slashes to his arms.