"Thomas," he pointed at him, "Truth or Dare?"

"Dare."

"Make out with one of us here."

"Wait, what?"

"Do it or suffer the consequences."

"Nu-uh! I will not do it over my dead body!" Thomas crossed his arms and looked away. "What're the consequences?"

Jefferson lifted his phone and expanded to our boss' phone number. He plastered wickedly grin. "I will call Mr. Wilkins and tell him to put your wage to a least for the next month."

He jolted in fear of minimum wages as though it's the end of his world and sanity. "Don't call Mr. Wilkins! I swear to god—"

Oliver, Darwin and I were both laughing looking at Thomas sweating his pants off. He was about to tear up, almost running out of choices to pick. He turned to face Oliver with wide ferocious eyes, slightly leaning towards him.

"What you laughin' at?"

"Man, if I were you, I would've done it already."

"Easy for you to say!" He leaned slightly back as he faced Jefferson again, now with an anxious expression. "Jeff, there's gotta' be another way?"

Jefferson shook his head no.

Thomas grunted. He placed his beer down on the table and roamed his eyes at us, trying to find the right guy to make out with. He stopped at me. His eyes fixed on mine, but his eyes slightly narrowed, having some uncertainty. He tucked his lips as though he's ready to kiss me. Is he really going to do it?

"Sorry, Steven."

Our lips pressed to one another in a rapid motion, and everything surrounding us stopped. The warm lips of his instigated my sudden glow and my frozen body. I closed my eyes as though I immersed myself in a deep, powerful spell. I dropped my bottle of root beer to the floor, causing it to shatter into pieces as the beer spills at the snow white granite floor. My hearing blurred, only the sound of my glowing gem was vivid. I've never felt this kind of vibe before, like it's something anew and fascinating for me to experience.

Is this even real? Why does this feel so good yet entirely wrong?

Thomas smiled after we parted, confident enough as though not that big of a deal in the first place, like he didn't argue about it a few seconds ago. "Well, that wasn't so bad, right Steven?"

I, however, couldn't move, but my insides were processing something like a machine which I couldn't quite understand. My stomach tingled and felt like there's something going on in my belly button.

My gem moved suddenly.

I forcibly opened my eyes and gasped. I lifted my shirt only to see my gem altered into a darker, vivid fuchsia colour. "What?"

My hands burnt in overly heated temperature in the sense when I touched it. My heart felt like it was burning and slowly tightening, which I can hardly tell whether my gem or just heartburn. I had to chug a glass of water to make sure.

Why is this happening to me?

Thomas held my shoulder and leaned at me, trying to glimpse my expression. "Steven, are you okay? You don't look so well."

I looked at him, plastering a worried expression. I couldn't even spit it out the truth; I didn't want them to worry about what's happening in me, and telling them would probably be a wrong idea, they wouldn't even understand if I try to illuminate it specifically. I shook my head as a response. "Yeah, I'm fine."

"Are you sure?"

I suddenly yawned, which wasn't part of my instinct of avoiding the question. I looked at my phone to check the time—it's a quarter to ten. "I just need sleep. It's been a splendid night, but I have to go home." I stood and hugged all of them, saying goodbye. They greeted me once again happy birthday before I head towards the front door.

A few steps from the front door, I arrived at my car. I led myself inside and started the engine. It took me nearly ten minutes to drive to my house, which apparently, I find it very convenient and spot on after buying the house with the money I earned plus the money I saved. It's a small ordinary house, just the perfect one for me to live in. The outside color was white and on the inside was a dirty gray with white ceilings. I parked the car in front of my house and got out. I noticed that my mailbox was popping out, filled with tons of mail. I took them out before I went inside. I placed the letters on top of the desk beside the TV and went to my room to grab my towel. I took off my clothes and put it in the basket full of laundry. I stepped in the shower with the water going warm in temperature.

Another ten minutes of taking a shower, I got out, dried myself and wore my pajamas and a plain yellow shirt. My gem's still the same, and I'm worried about it.

What has gotten into you lately?

My phone rang and vibrated on top of the desk. I picked up my phone and saw Connie's name seem on my screen. I answered and said, "Hey, Strawberry!"

"Happy Birthday, Biscuit! Sorry couldn't be there again, because of homework," Connie spoke.

"Thank you. And hey, it's fine; I can just pay you a visit when I'm available. You, studying is more important."

"So how was your birthday?"

"Good, actually. Me and the guys went raving for the night at the Long Night Club and had two drinks," I sighed, "I just got home because I felt exhausted."

"Sounds like you had a great time," she replied. "Well, I'll let you sleep. I'll just deliver my present tomorrow morning; I forgot to give it to you earlier due to our planning for the thesis presentation the day after tomorrow."

"I'll be expecting that gift of yours then. Goodnight, Strawberry, love you."

Connie replied, "I love you too, Biscuit. Goodnight."

I smiled at her response before hanging up. I placed my phone back at the desk as I laid my back on the soft bed and wrapped my body with my blanket that had stars covered all around.

I closed my eyes and fell into sleep.