Chapter 4

It's been a few days since you last heard from Luke. You were kind of sad. You thought you had both enjoyed Saturday night but apparently you were wrong. He must of lied to you. You wanted to text him so badly but you didn't want to seem desperate. What if he didn't actually like you back? Was it because you were a bad kisser? That was the last thing you did before he left. Was he mad that you didn't invite him in?

You had no clue what you had done wrong. Maybe he was busy? He is a famous musician.

You sigh and look at Brittany as she came into the apartment.

"Hey." She smiles.

"Hi." You say back.

"Are you okay?" She asks.

"Yeah I guess." You shrug.

"That's a lie. What's wrong?" She asks.

"I went on a date on Saturday night and I really enjoyed it and I thought the guy did too but I haven't heard from him since." You tell her.

"What did you guys do?" She asks.

"Well he's in a famous band so he surprised me with going to one of his shows, then we went to McDonalds and then he drove us all the way to Jones Beach and then we came home and then we kissed and he left." I tell her.

"Was he a good kisser?" She asks.

"The best." You smile.

"Did anything go wrong?" She asks.

"I have no idea. That's what I have been trying to figure out." You sigh.

She thinks. "Has he texted you at all?"

"Nope." You say.

"Text him." She says.

"I don't want to be the one to text him first." You tell her.

"Why not?" She asks. "It's 2020. Girls can take control now and text first."

"Because, what if he doesn't actually like me? I'll look like a fool and I don't want to be rejected." You explain.

"I'll text him. Then you won't be the one rejected, I will be which is totally fine with me." She says.

You debate it for a few seconds in your head before sighing and giving her your phone. "Fine."

She opens up your texts and looks at them. "Is it Luke?"

"Yes." You say and watch as she types out a sentence to him. She hands you your phone back after she sends the message.

'Hey Luke, how have you been?' She wrote to him.

"What if he doesn't answer?" You ask.

"Then he isn't worth your time." She reminds you. "Do you want to watch a movie?"

"Sure." You say.

She nods and puts on a random movie.

Throughout the movie you constantly check your phone to see if he has texted back but every time you see he hasn't, it breaks your heart a little.

Yes you had just met and you barely knew him still but you were starting to fall for him. You loved everything about him. His beautiful blue eyes, his long blonde curly hair, how tall he was, his Australian accent... the list goes on and on. How could you not like him?

He was also the most perfect gentleman ever. All of your exes were not and they never treated you like he does. They've never opened the door for you, they've never pulled out your chair, they never paid for anything.. he was the best man you've ever been on dates with. You were hoping to soon call him your boyfriend but you also thought that maybe it was too soon still. You had only met a few days ago.