Caregiver | Part 24

Start from the beginning

He slowly nodded by the end of your words, began to understand your situation.

"Don't you miss your family? Your niece?" He asked. That question had you shook your head and shrugged at the same time.

"I do, but... I feel like I needed to do something on my own. I've been taking care of my niece ever since her mother died, and because of my devotion to her, she preferred me more than her own father. I may be her aunt, but I'm not her parents, you know? The closest I can be is being a mother figure to her. But the responsibility over her? That's not my job."

Your thoughts then shifted to your parents. "As for my parents, they decided to stay with my brother after the funeral of my late sister-in-law. They said they wanted to help him taking care of my niece, but somehow I feel like I'm the one who was fully handling that responsibility."

The silence of the atmosphere had you realised that you have been talking about your personal life which was way off topic.

"Sorry. That was... I shouldn't..." you bowed your head down, fiddling your fingers when you saw his hand grasping your one hand and held it firm.

"I'm glad that you opened up to me. I couldn't think of any best advice for your situation, but I will always be here and do the best I can to be a good listener for you." He said. You returned his smile as you were deeply touched by his attempt to comfort you.

"Thank you so much, Taehyung." You thanked him. The moment he released your hand, the two of you just sat there pensively.

"So... you'll be staying in my room, huh?"

His voice had you jerking your head up. "Yeah." You nodded.

"I hope you don't mind the mess." He said. You let out a small laugh, shaking your head.

"I don't mind. Your room is not that messy though. A little bit dusty I can say, but mess? I barely even saw any." You replied to your honesty. "I promised not to touch your stuff there."

You raised your hand and did the gesture of crossing your heart.

"That's fine. I hope you will feel cozy staying there." He smiled.

"I will." You smiled back. "Although, I'm not really used to it because it's really huge. So huge that I can imagine your room could fit a family of four or more."

He laughed seeing how dumbfounded you were by the size of the master bedroom he got.

"Yeah. But it can get pretty scary at night though. Whenever I woke up at midnight or around 3 am, I always saw something hanging by the door."

Your expression slowly displayed the look of fear and anxious. You gulped and shivered as you began to imagine the unwanted horror image in your head.

"Turns out, it was just my suit."

You placed your hands on your chest, breathing in and out. Suddenly you regretted your decision.

"Don't do that. I'm going to stay there by myself every night please don't." You pleaded him not to tell any other scary stories since you're the kind of person who's easily got scared.

"Oh! And if you tend to wake up at midnight make sure the curtain is always close. Because if you wake up to see the curtain slides open, it means—"

"I said stop it!" You slapped his knee, making him burst into laughter. He surely enjoyed seeing you being such a scaredy-cat.

"Haha... okay, okay. I'm kidding. Sorry." He apologised in between his laugh. "Hey, I have an idea."

You raised an eyebrow, wondering what idea he had in mind. Hopefully not another unnecessary scary story.

"Let's watch scary movie tonight. Before you head back to mansion." He suggested, and you vigorously shook your head to your protest.

"Are you trying to give me a sleep deprivation? Hell no!" You folded your arms and your legs on the couch.

"Don't worry, we'll watch some documentary about bunnies afterward just to clear out the ghosts in your mind."

You frowned at him. "You think it's that easy? I used to watch this one horror movie years ago and I couldn't get it out of my head for the whole week because the ghost looked really terrifying and its face was unforgettable."

You did the best you can to refuse, but him and his persistence was something that you couldn't even stand a chance to object.

Later that night, you ended up watching a horror movie with him. He brought you a blanket and a pillow where you used the blanket to hide yourself in it and the pillow to hug the fear out of you.

You sat on the couch with your legs folded, hugging the pillow tightly with the blanket all around you. You looked like a baby wrapped in a hooded blanket.

As the movie was getting intense with the scary part, your eyes didn't moved an inch despite the racing heart beat and expectation of jump scare. And you had no idea that Taehyung extended his hand to you, and suddenly he grabbed your arm.

"SUYIN!"

He yelled, making you startled and screamed out loud.

"Yah Kim Taehyung!!" You shouted at him, and hitting his side figure with the pillow. He's having a good time laughing while you struggling to catch your breath that you felt like your heart nearly dropped.

The movie finally ended, and as he promised he searched for the documentary film of bunnies for you to forget the scary faces of demons and ghosts from the previous movie.

Somehow your eyes began to feel heavy to see those cute bunnies in the documentary film, and you subconsciously lied down while hugging the pillow.

Taehyung noticed that you already fell asleep, so he moved the wheelchair to you, blocking the bright light of the screen from illuminating your face. He just stayed there, watching you peacefully sleeping despite the horror film and his childish act of scaring you out earlier.

He let out a small chuckle to his amusement seeing you with your mouth opened. He closed your mouth with the tip of his thumb on under your lower lip, and the next thing you didn't know...

He laid his hand on your cheek.