Caregiver | Part 23

Start from the beginning

"Hey... If you don't mind, I want to put the pictures into these picture frames." You said as you lifted up the plastic bag. And it didn't took that long for him to agree.

"Sure. I'll go and take them." He went to his room, and came back with the pictures and handed them to you. "Here you go."

You took a seat on the couch with your legs folded, began to insert the pictures into the frames. The last picture you're about to insert was the picture of him and his ex-girlfriend posing for the camera, both displaying such happy smile in their faces.

"Give me that picture."

His voice startled you, but it didn't scare you because there was no tone of anger within his deep voice. "This one?" You asked as you showed it to him.

"Yes." He nodded. But you were still unsure as if you were hesitant to give it to him.

"I was just going to put it in the frame though." You said, but he didn't seems like he would change his mind when he reached out his hand.

"That picture does not need to be in a frame anymore." He replied. You took a good look at the picture once again before you gave it to him.

"What about this extra frame then? I mean, it's such a waste if there's no picture in it." You lifted the picture frame, scrutinised the details of it to see if there's any crack or any other unwanted pattern.

"I'll keep that. For other special photo."

You shrugged as you gave it to him. Then you picked up the rest of picture frames next to you which were already inserted with the other pictures. You couldn't help but to let out a smile when you stole a glance at those photos.

One photo of him standing on his feet where his hair was much shorter, and a smile that was very much lovely. He looked really cute and adorable of a grown man with that peace sign hand.

Then you took a look on another picture which was a picture of him hugging two fluffy and cute bunnies in his arms. The way he smiling happily with his head tilted and face buried into the fluffiness had you giggled a bit.

"What's so funny?" He asked, and you shook your head but still with an obvious wide smile.

"You look like you're ten years younger in these pictures." You said. He let out a snort, then chuckled along.

"That's because my hair was short that time. So thank you Suyin." He snickered.

You showed him the picture where he hugged the bunnies to him. "I like this one. I mean, look at these fluffy animal though... I'm jealous."

He laughed as you joked about the jealousy of him with the bunnies.

"They're somewhere in the mansion if you want to hug them."

Your face lightened up when he revealed the whereabouts of his pet animal. "Really?"

"Yes. I can show you, if you want to."

You vigorously nodded with a delightful smile. You put the picture frames aside while Taehyung went to his room. Then he came back to you.

"Let's go."

You grabbed the push handles of his wheelchair and both of you were outside of the cabin, on the way to the mansion. You opened the door and pushed the wheelchair in, where you found Mrs Kim who had just come down the stairs.

"Oh? Taehyung? Suyin?" She was surprised to see both of you, but even more surprised to see Taehyung as it has been a while since he was around in the mansion.

"Hey mom." He greeted his mom, then followed by you. "Hi Mrs Kim."

"Taehyung, it's really nice to see you... actually being here." Said his mom, there was a tone of disbelief in her voice.

"Yeah I just wanted to show Suyin the bunnies since she said she was jealous that hugged them." He replied, created such laughter from his mom.

You awkwardly laughed, but deep inside you felt like you wanted to slap his head or pinch his shoulder for exposing you in front of her.

"Where are they?" He asked.

"Oh, they're at the backyard. Had to put them outside because your dad couldn't stand with the smell of their poop."

"Relatable. Even me myself couldn't stand with the smell although I love them." Taehyung chimed in, letting out a small laugh in between. Then he made a gesture of moving forward. "This way."

You nodded and basically followed his guide to the backyard. And by the time you opened the door, you gasped in exhilaration when you saw two cute bunnies freely hoping around the backyard. The backyard was surrounded with mini fences so they wouldn't escape.

"Ah look them!" You squealed, as your heart filled with so much joy seeing those fluffy long eared creatures aimlessly hoping on the grass. You turned to Taehyung, with a face full of hope.

He surely can read the expression of your face so he nodded. "Go ahead. Just, mind the poop."

"Yeay!" You cooed, happily walking your way to the animal and left Taehyung by the door behind. It amused him so much watching you struggling to catch them and avoiding their scattered poop at the same time.

You managed to catch them and brought them to the door where Taehyung was. "Ah they're so fluffy I'm gonna die!" You shrieked in excitement, which had Taehyung smiling dearly.

"What are their names though?" You asked as you put one of the bunnies onto his lap. You were astonished that the bunny didn't even moved an inch, just calmly stayed put. It's like the bunny knew and still remembered its owner.

"The pretty snow white in your arms is Cooky, and this beautiful brown one..." he looked down to the bunny on his lap, softly caressing the fluffy fur of its back. "...is Tata."

"Cute names, like themselves." You replied. You tilted your head and hugged the bunny in your arms with your eyes closed, smiling to the soft feels of the fluff.

Your affection towards his pet somehow softened him.

Both of you went back inside the mansion, headed to the dining room where Mrs Kim already served hot milk tea. You refused at first, but since Mrs Kim insisted so you agreed.

"Suyin dear, I forgot to tell you that I already changed the bedsheet and pillow cover for you."

You almost choked on the tea when Mrs Kim suddenly spoke.

"What do you mean?" Taehyung asked, frowning at his mom.

"Oh you didn't know? I thought Suyin already told you about it." Mrs Kim and Taehyung both looking at you with the same expression. The look of confusion.

"I don't think so." He shook his head. "And I thought our guest room is no longer for guests..."

You looked at Mrs Kim with the look of anxious and worry, but it was too late.

"Suyin is staying here."