CHAPTER: 46 | THE GAME (PART-2)

Start from the beginning

And when Shah succeeded in opening the door, the Red team went inside whereas the blue team stayed behind.

"Here, take these." Burhaan handed Laiba, a pack of blue bullets."These are paint bullets. They are filled with blue paint and coated with a thin substance that would bust when it hits something. Give me your gun. I'll show you how you load it." He took her gun and explained her how everything works, "Got it?"

"Yep!" Laiba nodded.

"Cool. Keep these with you. In case you need extra." He handed her some extra bullets.

"Thanks." She accepted it and put them all in her bag.

"Okay, guys!" Areesha spoke up, "We need a plan." She announced, motioning them to come forward.

Laiba, Essa, Burhaan and Areesha formed a circle, their heads low and faces closer to each other as talked.

"First of all, we need to keep in mind that we are playing against Aariz and I know he already has a strategy planned out in his head." Areesha told them, whispering.

They nodded in agreement.

"Knowing him, he'll definitely target Laiba." Burhaan appraised them, "We need to protect her at all cost."

"He's right! They will try to attack her the first chance they get." Essa chimed in.

"We need to be prepared." Burhaan said, "Stay closer and guard her."

"I can protect myself." Laiba objected.

"You don't know, Aariz." Areesha warned her, "He always wins!"

Laiba scoffed, "So do I." She told them, confidently.

Meanwhile, inside the bungalow, the Red team was having a discussion, too.

"Our target is Laiba and Laiba, alone." Aariz announced to his team while they were nodding at everything he was saying, "Whoever comes in-between, gets a shot, got it?"

"Yes!" Maha bumped her fist with him, excitedly.

"Stay hidden. Watch out. Think before you leap. Don't be reckless. Keep your ears on alert. Listen for the sound of footsteps, breathing and shuffling. And most importantly, don't get shot." He added in the end.

Zeeshan, Maha and Habeeba nodded their heads.

"Cool. Now, wear your Bluetooth and find yourself a hiding spot before the blue teams gets here." He dismissed them.

On the other hand, Laiba had just finished explaining her strategy with her team.

"Wooahh! You got brains, gurl!" Burhaan exclaimed, after listening to her plan.

"Damn! Yeah!" Essa jumped.

"That was so genius of you, Laiba." Even Areesha complimented.

"Thanks. But anything can go wrong. We really need to be careful." Laiba told them.

"Especially, you." Burhaan said.

"Yes. Especially me." She repeated, "Don't worry. I got this." She assured him.

"Hopefully." He joined his hands.