"I'm sorry. I again woke you up didn't I?" I look at her guiltily.

"Nonsense, not at all....I am here to protect you. Remember, mom and dad had let me sleep with you to protect you." I chuckle at her reply. "Come let's get to sleep" I pat the bed as I lay my head on my pillow. She smiles before laying beside me.

I lay beside her with my eyes fixed on the ceiling as a lone tear escapes my eyes. I was doing better...I was doing better than this. But, it all started again since the engagement. 'Why can't I sleep like a normal person? God! Why me?' More tears slip from my eyes as I think.

I get up from the bed making sure to not wake up Ziya and walk towards the balcony. The soothing waves of the sea, crashing against the rocks help me in soothing my senses. I look above at the sky and gaze at the twinkling stars. I really love watching the sky at night as I love counting stars. They are more like my stress relievers. A week left for me as Adiva Fakih. I sigh as I think.

I was so deep in my thoughts that, I didn't even realized for how long I was standing at the balcony until, it was the time for morning prayers. I close the balcony door and walk towards the bathroom. I do my morning business and perform my ablution before I stand for my prayers. "Ya Allah! You are the greatest. You are the one who knows the condition of every single person's heart. I don't know God...But I am scared of this marriage. I won't complain you, if it is in my good faith. And if it is not, than please God, I beseech you to show us a way out, and protect me and my family My Lord." I cry as I pray.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A week flew by, with my wedding preparations. It's a day before my wedding, and me, Ziya and Riya are at the spa. Dad had booked an appointment for us. We enter the spa and the receptionist welcomes as she sends her attendants with us, ushering us towards our rooms. I enter the massage room and she hands me a robe. "Please get changed in this robe and here is a bell beside you. Ring it when you are done, I'll be there at your service." The esthetician instructs me gesturing towards the ring situated beside the bed. I nod my head as I take the robe from her hand.

I start undoing my hijab as soon as she leaves closing the door behind her. I am about to remove my clothes when I feel someone's presence in the room. My countenance austere, as my heart starts beating rapidly. "Who is it?" I ask, my voice coming out rather meek. Shock would be an understatement when my gaze lands on the person as he comes in front of me. "Aman?"

"Missed me pretty face?" he asks, making me freeze on my spot. I look at him panic-stricken as the horrible nightmares play in front of me. The look on his face reminding me of my horrible nightmares. "What are you doing here?" I ask, trying to put a brave front. "Well, your old man didn't leave me with any choice darling. He has his dogs following you wherever you go." He replies coming near me as his lips turn into an evil smirk.

I try to reach the door when he yanks me jarringly against the wall. I try to scream when he keeps a knife on my neck, "Scream and I won't hesitate in slicing your neck." He speaks coming closer to me as he pins me against the wall. He grips my chin harshly pinning his body against me, as tears well up in my eyes, "How could you forget me Zara? It pains me when you give me a look as if I am a stranger....It pains me here..." he says pointing towards his chest. "Leave me..What are you doing? Why are you calling me Zara?" I cry, as I try to free myself from his tight grip.

"You are Zara....my Zara....Your old man did a great job at hiding you huh...8years...It took me 8 fucking years to at last find you. What did your old man think? That I won't reach you? How could you forget about us? How could you forget the time we spent together? How could you forget me?" I shiver at his psychotic behavior as more tears spill down my cheeks.