Flames

As I sat next to Bronny, I constantly checked on him while I was talking to the lady on the phone. While I was talking to her, I started to smell this burnt smell coming from the basement. 

"Hold on," I say as I leave the phone near Bronny's ear and walk downstairs. While walking downstairs, I look around and see my parent's nowhere to be found. I start to see visible smoke coming from the basement. I slowly walk to the basement to see a large flame surrounding my Mom and Dad. "Mom! What are you doing?" I say as I try to reach for my Mom's hand. I look over at my Dad who is sitting down on a chair drinking beer. 

"Honey, stay with me," he says patiently to my Mom as he continues to drink. 

I quickly pull my Mom out of a little space that had no flames near it. And I told my Mom to run upstairs and get Bronny out of the house. 

"Dad! We have to go!" I scream at him. "This isn't a joke! Grab my hand! I say as I finally reach him. He stands up and towers over me. He takes his large hand and wraps it around my neck and lifts me off the ground. His hand tightened around my neck causing me to have trouble breathing.

"If you knew what was better for you, you'd leave little girl!" he says as he drops me back onto the ground and takes a seat and continues to drink his beer. 

As I hit the floor, I rub my neck trying to breathe. As I touch my neck, I feel a wet liquid on it. I look at my hands and see blood on it. The amount of carbon dioxide that was in the house was too much and it started to make me feel weak. I slowly start to crawl out of the basement, trying my best to breathe in and out. By the time, I get to the top of the stairs, I turn around and see my Dad no-where to be found. "I love you Dad!" I say as I turn around and make my way out of the basement. 

As hard as I tried, I couldn't stand up. So I started to crawl towards the front door. As I turn the knob, I realise the door was locked. I start looking around and realise that the fire was spreading fast around the house. As things started to burn, I realised that I had to go upstairs. I crawl upstairs and go into my room, where I push the door closed and crawl to the window. As I get to the window, I use my arms to stand my weight up as I throw myself onto the roof. I look at the front of our house, to see the ambulance there with a firefighter truck parked behind it. 

"I'm here-" I try to grab the attention of the ambulance, but I was running out of breath and it started to get blurry. I wave my hands around drastically. As I started to scream, I heard no sound, as I raised my hand to get their distraction, my arms felt so heavy. I slowly felt myself becoming so weak. I felt my eyes slowly closing as I fell off the roof and became unconscious.