Rules

"Liz! Wake up! It's 9 pm!"

"What is it?" I say as I abruptly wake up.

"It's 9 pm," Bronny says as he tucks my hair behind my ear. I quickly grab my bag and jump out of his bed and run downstairs as he follows me. 'Thanks for the day, but I have to go. My parents are going to kill me," I say as I rush towards my car and wave at him as I drive home.

While driving, I look at my phone and see 58 missed calls from my Mom and 45 messages from my Dad. I throw it on the passenger's seat and continue to drive. I pull up to my house, and quickly walk inside and see my Mom and Dad sitting at the table. "Where were you?" my Dad screams as he walks and stands directly in front of me. 

I look up at him and smile, "I was with Maddie and Emma," I say as I walk towards our fridge. 

"Don't lie to me Elizabeth Jain," he says he walks up to me and takes my phone out of my pocket. What's the password?" he says as he tries to open my phone. "What's the password!" he screams in my face. To be honest, I've never seen my Dad this angry and it scared me. I look over at my Mom and see the anger fuming out of her eyes.  

"My password is 0275," I say as I look at the floor. He starts going through my phone and goes through all my social media. I didn't think much of it until I remembered that the last person I messaged was Bronny. I look at my Dad as he looks at my DMS on Instagram. I see him press on the conversation. 

"Who's this?" he says as he pushes the phone in my face. "Who is it!" he says as he screams. 

"No-one," I say as my eyes got watery.

"Hahaha, so you were at this boy's house?" he laughs out as he scrolls through the messages.

"No, I was at Maddie's house,"

"Do you think I'm dumb Liz, I called all your friends and they said that they haven't seen you since school ended. Don't lie to me girl! What were you doing at his house?" he says as he puts his large finger in my face. 

"Just hanging out," I say as I start to cry. Before I knew it, I felt a large hand slap my face and I fell to the floor as I held the side of my face in pain.

"What did I tell you about these type of people? You can't hang out with them!" he says as he walks up to the kitchen table and slams it with his hands. "There's a reason why I am not at home majority of the time. I'm saving the community from these type of people," he screams in frustration. "Since you were born, your mother and I have enforced that one rule into you and you turn 17 and you think you can go against us?" he says as he walks around the kitchen. 

"Dad, why are you against black people?" I question him as I cry. "WHAT HAVE THEY EVER DONE TO YOU?" I scream at him, my legs too weak to stand up off the cold kitchen tiles. 

"If I ever see you near another Black, Asian or Hispanic person again, we are moving houses.  Now go to your room!" he says as he points in the direction of my room. I grab my bag and storm off.

🦋author's note 🦋
please vote and follow for future stories! if you have any requests, comment it down below.