I Love You

After I sobbed for an hour, I decided that I am going to go get my phone from the kitchen. I slowly tip-toe downstairs and silently grab my phone and run back upstairs before I clumsily fall down or make noise. 

Once I get back in my room, I see 2 messages from Bronny. As much as I didn't want to, I knew I had to end this. I can't let my feelings get in the way of doing what's right. 

Bronny

Hey, did you get home safe?

I had fun today ❤️

i can't talk to you anymore

why? 🥺

please bronny, just don't talk to me anymore

and tell your friends to stay away

what did I do? 

tell me or I'm coming over

DONT, IT'S ALMOST MIDNIGHT AND I CAN'T BE SEEN ANYWHERE NEAR YOU

Seen

As much as I wanted Bronny to come over, my Dad is very dangerous when he sees someone who isn't of caucasian looks. I throw my phone on the ground and start to burst out crying. I missed him and I need him. I know we are just friends, but he makes me safe. If I really cared about him, I should make sure he stayed at his home and not come here. 

I go pick up my phone and go under my blanket as I start to cry while scrolling through Instagram. While I'm scrolling through Instagram, I see that Bronny had posted 3 hours ago. I tap on the post and look at the comments.

bronny:  Season starts soon and we are preparing to take dubs

bronny:  Season starts soon and we are preparing to take dubs. 👑🏆

maddie.williams: hot 🥵

emma.juilento: @maddie.williams LIZ???

liz.jain: minez 🥺

bronny: @liz.jain look outside

liz.jain: @bronny ???

View all 20,490 Comments

After I read what my 'best friend' had commented, that didn't just make me sad it, it made me angry. Even though no-one knew I had feelings for Bron, they need to know their limits. I'm just glad that Bron didn't reply. I decided to comment just to show the world that he is 'talking' to someone.

After Bronny had commented that, I didn't understand what he meant. I started to walk over to my window. As I got closer to it, I saw what looked like a silhouette. I opened the window, "Bronny?"I say as I stick my head out of the square window. 

"Hey Liz, can I come in, it's so cold?" he says as he tries to warm himself up by rubbing his arms. 

"Does your Dad know you're here?" I said as I smiled. He shook his head. As he came closer to the window to come inside, I decided to take a chance, I leaned in and held his face as our lips connected. He pulled away and looks me in the eyes, "For real?" he says as he smiles.

"Yes, silly!" As I say that, he pulls me back in and the kiss lasted for what felt like forever. 

"So... does this make you my girlfriend?" he says as he is waiting to come in. I nod and continue to help him climb inside. As his feet touched the ground, my bedroom lights turned on and I heard a loud gunshot. I look at my door and see my Dad holding a handgun. I look at him and then at Bronny as he falls to the ground. I fall to the ground to help Bronny cover his wound which was on his stomach area.

"Dad! WHY??" I said as I scream and cry. I hold Bronny in my arms, "Baby, stay with me!" I scream at him. "Call the ambulance!" I scream at my Mom. My Mom just stands there as my Dad grips her by the arm causing her not move. I look at Bronny and he softly smiles at me as he silently endures the pain. I softly lay Bronny on the floor as I grab my phone and start dialling 911. As I was about to press call, my Dad holds my hand, "Honey, don't do this," he says.

I hit him with my phone. As he loosens his grip, I run over to Bronny and continue to talk to the lady on the phone. I tell her all the information and she says to me that they have sent an ambulance to come. I take a breath of relief as I stay on the phone with the lady. I get my pillow and put it under Bronny's head as he silently rested there quietly.

My Dad walks out of my room with my Mom.

🦋author's note 🦋
please vote and follow for future stories! if you have any requests, comment it down below.