Game Plan (Part 2)

Start from the beginning

"I hate you."

He laughed, shaking his head as he suddenly popped up from his spot and walked over. His tall frame towered over my six three height by a few inches, his proximity all the more menacing as he placed his hands on either side of my neck. Effectively trapping me.

Not that I wanted to escape.

"You love me."

Nodding with a soft smile that I hoped spoke volumes of my affection for him, I pressed my lips to his in a soft kiss that he returned with even more passion.

When he finally pulled away, he pushed his forehead against mine letting out a long suffering sigh that told of the exhaustion and dread he had tried keep at bay most times.

"Promise me, you'll be safe. That you won't leave the stands."

"If I have to leave the stands for any reason, there'll be somebody with me, I'm sure. I'll be okay, love. You worry too much."

He shook his head as I gripped onto his wrists, keeping him close. "I just want you to live normally for once. You deserve that much after everything you've been through."

He had no idea how much I wanted that.

**

"I want units covering every building immediately over watching the field. Nobody gets past us. Is that understood?" Beta Chad instructed in a firm tone that left no room for arguments or opposition. He was in his beta frame of mind, his posture alone casting a menacing aura.

A chorus of yeses went up around the room where we were gathered in one of the science labs.

Amongst the many bodies gathered, I recognized that the handpicked Black Rock elites consisted of Uncle Luke, Uncle Beckett, Alister, and Noam.

Beta Chad had already separated the large group into smaller units. He nodded over to Sky who straightened his posture having his beta's attention turned onto him.

"Sky. Your unit will cover the building immediately south of the field." Marcana's third-in-command nodded stiffly and the five assigned members of his unit quickly shuffled over.

Beta Chad had divided the units accordingly that we utilized the skill set of every Marcana, Black Rock, and Blackwater wolf present. Sky's team alone consisted of himself, their Commander Rick Stone, Noam, Uncle Beckett, and two Blackwater elites under Tucker's command.

Each unit consisting of six wolves were stationed at different buildings close to the field. The one remaining team covered the outermost ends of the compound, spread thin through the parking lot and anywhere else that didn't have coverage from at least one person. They had focused most of the faction near and around the field since that is where I'll spend most of the game.

Looking on and supporting my mate even though it was only a charity game.

For that matter, Tucker, Alister, Asher, and Jax alone had been stationed to sit with me in the stands and watch me like hawks.

"Alister, stay on him. If he leaves the stands, follow him. The rest of you, keep a sharp eye out and stay updated with the other units." Beta Chad instructed. Everyone nodded with a clear understanding of what was expected, and soon, the science lab started becoming spacious as each unit leader gathered his team and left heading to the assigned posts.

Beta Chad, Andre, Hunter, and Grandpa Kosta had also moved to another spot which would be their post throughout the game. It was easily within range of all the others and from their post, they would be able to take note of what was happening down on the field.