Lieblich

Yejin POV

Daegu, SK
My name is Son Yejin. I ran a coffee shop named Lieblich. It was mine and my brother's, we built it together with the money our parents had left since they passed away two years ago.
It was not a big one, but spacious enough for students and youngsters around. Lieblich was our baby.

Even though the profit was great, it was enough only for our daily needs and monthly bills, we were lack of capital funds and it was almost impossible to expand without an investor.

I had finished college, but my brother was still enrolled, and he studied architecture. Everyone knows that besides medical studies, architecture studies required loads of money.

One day, my brother came to me when I was done cleaning and closing the shop. He said his old friend Yoona worked in a big coffee shop company in Seoul.

That company, named Beanie's, intended to buy major shares from small coffee shops in Daegu to expand their business. They owned a lot of coffee shops around South Korea, under one brand name Beanie. They wanted to rebrand and apply their own standard to these coffee shops and share the profits with the original owner who only has minor shares left.

"Noona, please consider to sell, or we may go broke soon.." my brother Haein was trying to persuade me to sell Lieblich to Beanie.

"We will still have shares, even though they have the majority shares, we may get greater profit and that means more money! We can still run the shop. I need to pay my tuition for next semester soon, Noona.."

"Haein! Lieblich is our baby, I can't just trade it with some amount of money."

"You said our, then Lieblich is my baby too. At the end of the day, it's all about the money."

"No, it's not. But I get it, I'll look into it."

"Great! One of their representatives is my old friend and their own CEO will come in a few days from Seoul. They want to meet us. Please don't bust it."

"You mean your high school crush?"

He chuckled, "A little reunion wouldn't hurt."

Hyun Bin POV

Seoul, SK.

"Sir, we're going to Daegu today. I have reached settlements with most of the shops, only two to three left which still require further discussion," my junior acquisition manager Yoona gave me heads up about our plan today.

"Great. I know I've made the right decision to promote you, don't disappoint me. When will the jet ready?"

"The jet is already standby, but I'm afraid we need to wait for an hour for Mr. Seok Jin, he is in a meeting for our new interior design."

"Ah. Tell them to go online. You know I hate waiting," I threw my squeeze ball into the trash bin in the corner of my room. Score.

She bowed and walked out of my room.

I'm Hyun Bin, CEO of South Korea's biggest coffee shop chain, Beanie's. I build this company six years ago, and own most of the trendiest and profitable coffee shops throughout South Korea, thanks to me.

I started with buying the almost broke small coffee shops at Seoul's hottest area, renovate, rebrand, apply a great standard operation procedure, and add our own coffee blends. Not only selling a good cup of coffee, but we also sell comfortable ambiance and prestige whenever people buy our beverages with the logo Beanie on it. I intended to make Beanie's become a worldwide brand just like Starbucks. Imagine Starbucks, but originated from South Korea.