18: Uneventful Halloween

Start from the beginning

Argument forgotten, she smiled. "You know as well as I do that you're lying through your teeth."

His hand slid over her hip and rested neatly between the curve of her back and above her bottom. "That's because I'd do anything to kiss you."

"How charming."

"Would you like me to elaborate further?" His hazel eyes all of a sudden darkened and his smile wiped from his face. "I'd have you here and now if we weren't in public."

She swallowed. Thickly. "John."

"I want you more now than I've ever wanted you. And when I get the chance I will."

He'd had many chances. Why now?

To call his bluff would have been the most reckless thing she could ever do. And yet she heard herself mumble, "You've had more than one chance."

His tongue darted out to wet his bottom lip. She watched. He noticed.

"You've had chances too." He held her closer, their hips in line, and his arousal completely apparent. So much so that she was glad her own arousal wasn't showing like his was. Maybe her cheeks were flushed but it could be cast off to the cold.

"I-"

"Do you not want me? Tell me you don't and I'll leave."

Oh, what an evil, seductive man he was. She swallowed the nerves and embraced the desire just like Evie had told her to. She had to do it sometime. Fighting it tired her and what was the point anymore? He'd gotten his way in the beginning why not get her way now as well?

"I... do."

His eyes sparked a fire she hadn't seen in him before. "That's good then." 

And then he kissed her. None of that peck he promised, but a, 'I want you here and now'kiss. Possessive, demanding, no teasing about it what so ever. His tongue swept over hers and he curled his arms around her body to pull her to her toes; her hands clutching onto the collar of his polo to steady herself. She was highly aware how she fit against him, how the sudden fire within her belly ignited and soared right down to her toes.  

"My, God. Indecent exposure."

He had a tendency to do that, consume her make her forget where she was and who was around. 

He slowly placed her on her feet and tore his mouth from hers to turn to his side leaving her in her usual dazed state whenever he stole her sanity.

"Go away." He growled. 

"I knew you got distracted. For the love of God John, you're standing in front of a Cafe at least disappear back to your office." A familiar voice admonished. 

Amy went to move out of his embrace but he tightened his hold. For a moment she wondered why but when he moved slightly, he cheeks warmed at the prominent nudge from between his thighs. 

"Oh," She breathed, her body heating above boiling point.

"He didn't even get my coffee." Evie glared at him thankfully unaware to both of their excitement. "Hate you."

"Great. Goodbye."

Katherine raised a brow. "Trying to get rid of us already, ay?"

"Yes. Goodbye." He replied still not moving his body the slightest. 

"Are you alright Amy?"

She nodded not trusting herself to speak.

"Are you coming tonight?"