Four | Virgil

Lunch was good. Lunch was really good. My soulmate seemed to be pretty happy. My ring has been yellow for four hours now. The final bell rings and I sigh in relief. This day has been a little exhausting, but good nonetheless. I was really worried about making friends, but I think I'm going to try not to sabotage myself. I really like these three. So I'll behave. I'll stay out of trouble and I'll try to be a good kid, so Thomas let's me stay. I just hope Thomas is good to me in return.

"Emo nightmare!" I smile as Roman falls into step with me.

"Hiya Princey."

"What are your plans for the weekend?"

"I don't have any. Roman I just got here." He holds his hands up in defense.

"Gees, I know. Calm down. Patton, Logan, and I are going to Mel's, it's a diner, and then roller-skating." He gets a cocky smile on his face. "You should join us."

"Uh I don't know Roman. I don't want to cause Thomas any trouble. And besides I've never been roller-skating-"

"Please!" He says, drawing out the word. "I'll teach you." He gives me puppy dog eyes. "Please Virgey." I blush at the nickname and roll my eyes.

"Fine! Stop looking at me like that!" He grins.

"Awesome! I'll pick you up at six on Saturday. Text me your address." He walks ahead, only to turn around and fall into step with me again with a frown. "I don't have your number." He mumbles. I burst out laughing and he glares at me, stopping my movements. "It's not funny." He grumbles, but I can see the smile he's trying to hide.

"Just give me your number, JD-lightful." I raise an eyebrow at the nickname. Is that like Sunny D? Roman's eyes grow wide. "Don't tell me you didn't understand my Heathers reference!" I simply shrug. "Well we are definitely watching Heathers at some point." He hands me his phone and I put my information in.

"Whatever you say Romano." I say, returning his phone. Roman smiles at me.

"I'll see you tomorrow Virge." I send him a soft smile back.

"See you tomorrow." And with that, Roman leaves the building. I better get outside. Thomas said he would pick me up.

"So how was the day?" Thomas asks as I hop in his car.

"It was good." I shrug, deciding to focus on my bright yellow ring. Pure happiness.

"Just good? Come on Virgil, you gotta give me something more! Did you like your classes? Did you meet any new friends?"

"Classes were good and yeah I met a few people." I run my finger over the bright yellow ring, a small smile on my face.

"Someone's happy."

"Yeah. I wish I knew why he was so happy." I say, getting lost in my thoughts.

"He?" Thomas's voice tears me from my brain.

"Oh uh...I-I meant they." Even though you can't control who your soulmate is, some people are still homophobic.

"Hm okay. Well my soulmate is a he, too. I don't mind Virgil." I let out a sigh of relief.

"Okay...I-I think I'm gay, and I really feel like my soulmate is a boy." Thomas smiles.

"I hope you find him soon."

"Me too." I smile at him. Thomas seems genuinely nice. "Hey, is it okay if I hang out with some friends on Saturday?" I ask nervously.

"Of course! Who with and where are you going?"

"Roman, Patton, and Logan...we're going to some diner and then roller-skating."

"Roman Prince?" Thomas asks, glancing at me with a look I can't place.

"Uhhh yeah, why?"

"Nothing," Thomas smiles. "He's a nice kid. I did a show with him at the community theatre last summer. We're working on another one now."

"Oh cool." I feel my phone vibrate.

Unknown Number
Monday 4:11 pm

Hey it's Roman!

"I'm assuming the other two are Patton Picani and Logan Berry?"

"Yeah, you know them too?"

"Patton was also in the show, so I met Logan." I smile as I type my response to Roman.

Romano
Tuesday 4:12 pm

Hey it's Roman!

should I know you?

Isn't this Virgil?
Shit did he give me the wrong number
Asshole
Sorry

just messing with you princey

Gees Virge you scared me
Thought I was gonna get yelled at

I laugh and see Thomas look at me from the corner of my eye.

sorry

No you're not

no I'm not

754 Words