XXII. A Land Without Magic

ابدأ من البداية

"So... So they could..."

"Yes."

"So, what do we do?"

"We need help. There's one other person in this town who knows about this... Knows about magic."

"Mr. Gold."

"Actually, he goes by Rumpelstiltskin."

Mary Margaret was leaving Granny's Diner and was heading to her car.

David approached her. "Hey."

"David," Mary Margaret said.

"I was wrong. About you, about me, about... Everything. I didn't believe in you, and I wish I had a good reason why. But, it's like I keep making these wrong decisions, and I don't understand why they keep happening. You know, ever since I woke up from that coma, my life hasn't made a lick of sense. Except for you... And what I'm feeling? It's love, Mary Margaret."

"David, why are you here?"

"Because Kathryn put a down payment on an apartment in Boston. She's not going to use it, but I am. Unless, you give me a reason to stay."

"David... I can't."

Emma and Regina entered Mr. Gold's Pawn Shop.

He looked up. "Do my eyes deceive me, or is that the look of a believer?"

"We need your help," Emma said.

"Indeed, you do. It seems quite the tragic ailment has befallen our young friends. I told you, magic comes with a price."

"Henry and Aubree shouldn't have to pay it," Regina replied.

"No, you should, but alas, we are where we are."

"Can you help us?" Emma asked.

"Of course. True love, Miss Swan... The only magic powerful enough to transcend realms and break any curse. Luckily for you, I happen to have bottled some."

"You did?" Regina questioned.

Mr. Gold continued looking at Emma. "Oh, yes. From the strands of your parents' hair, I made the most powerful potion in all the realm. So powerful, that when I created the Dark Curse, I placed a single drop on the parchment. Just a little safety valve."

"That's why I'm the savior," Emma realized. "That's why I can break the curse."

"Now you're getting it."

"I don't care about breaking the curse. All I care about is saving Henry and Aubree."

"Which is why it's your lucky day. I didn't use all the potion. I saved some... For a rainy day."

"Well, it's storming like a bitch. Where is it?"

"Where it is isn't the problem. Getting it is what should worry you."

"Enough riddles," Regina told him. "What do we do?"

Mr. Gold turned to her. "You do nothing. It has to be Miss Swan."

"They're my son and daughter. It should be me."

"All due respect, but it's her son and daughter. And it has to be her. She's the product of the magic. She must be the one to find it."

Emma nodded. "I can do it."

"Don't trust him," Regina warned.

"What choice do we have?"

"That's right, dearie," Mr. Gold agreed. "What choice do you have?"

Emma turned back to Mr. Gold. "Where is this magic?"