14.4.17

Dark ebony clouds adorned the sky, with sugarcoated stars sprinkled on top. The beach was eerily quiet and the darkness made me feel not so lonesome as I didn't know who lurked deep within. Reeces directions were vague, and with no signal at the shore, I was dumbfounded, so I sat and waited for him to worry and come and find me. I wanted to call out his name, but I also didn't like the unknown of what I was joined with down here, so I stayed mute.

I've romanticised first dates much too often for my liking, and I'd grown familiar with the feeling of disappointment after all the men have left me for numerous reasons. I hoped Reece was different, I also felt bad that I had sort of forced him for this, it was stupid of me.

"Shiloh?" I heard his Northern accent drool as I heard him approach me from behind. "You had me worried sick, have you not checked your phone?" He asked, and I shook my head with a smile. It was just the two of us down here and being in Reeces company was something that I adored. He fumbled around in the dark for me, his hands bashing into different parts of my body, before he snaked his arm around my waist and pulled me close. His signature scent of nutmeg and wood filled my nostrils as I rested my head on his shoulder.
He guided me thicker into the darkness, I felt the terrain under my feet change multiple times, we strode through long grass and I could feel it as they tickled against my legs. I was certain that we had been walking for ages, but the crashing sound of waves was a reminder that we were still at the beach, or pretty close by.
Faintly, I saw an ebby glow in the distance, and it illuminated something behind it. The closer we got I realised Reece had set us camp for us both, I gripped onto his arm and let out and excited squeal.

"I've been here since 4pm setting up camp, I also made sure that tonight was a clear night. So don't worry, there won't be any thunderstorms," he reassured, but not that I would've minded, I felt safe with Reece, he knew how to put me at ease, which was something even I struggled to do with myself.

He let go of me as he leaned down to undo the zipper of the tent, revealing fairy lights dazzling around the perimeter, a hoard of blankets sprawled out across the bottom of the tent, and an enticing snack pile in the left hand corner.
I bit the insides of my mouth and pressed my eyelids shut, this was a pinch me moment, I couldn't quite believe the effort that Reece had put into this, and all for me?

"After you, my love," he said with a smile, his hand ushering me in. I ducked my head and scooted myself in, perching myself on the mountain of blankets, Reece shuffling in beside me, placing his back pack between his legs.

"And just in case we didn't have enough food, I bought us chips and mushy peas," he said as he took them out of his backpack and laid them in front of us. "The soft and squishy ones for you and the crunchy ones for me, but don't worry I didn't get them from Lara's shack, I don't want any mention of her tonight. This is all for you and I want to make sure you're happy," he smiled.

"Reece," I whined, I was completely in admiration of him, I wanted to hug him, kiss him and tell him how much I adored him, this was something so special.
I positioned myself directly opposite him, my hands found their way into his, I could happily just sit here and stare at his face all evening, especially his ocean blue eyes, his sandy tossled hair, his inviting smile and unforgettably, his left dimple. "You are just amazing," I said, my arms wrapping around his neck, my lips pressed against his.

"Only for you," he spoke with a whisper, smiling as he looked at me. He pushed me down as he leaned on top of me, his hair brushed against my forehead, his hips hovering over mine. His lips slammed against mine, more passionately than last time, his hand brushed against my cheek whilst he used the other to prop himself up with. As the kiss deepened I pulled his body closer to mine so he was laying on top of me, he rolled on to his side and pulled away. I pouted at him, wanting to feel what I just did again.

"Or we could just do that all evening," he smirked. I brushed the hair from his eyes and lay upon his chest, smiling foolishly at him.

"Reece, thank you. You really didn't have to go to all this effort just for me, this is insane!" I exclaimed as I took another glance around the tent.

"Well I wanted your first ever date to be special," he smiled, as he rubbed my arm.

"Oh, this isn't my first date." I told him, he looked a bit confused at first, as if he wanted me to explain. "I've been on a couple of dates, but they've all just been meals out, and then sooner or later the boy would lose interest in me," I told him, he frowned back at me.

"I refuse to believe that." He spoke.

"Believe what?" I asked, I was confused at what he was implying here.

"That anyone could lose interest with you. I'm so entranced by all of your stories Shy, I could sit and listen to you for hours if I had the chance," he confirmed, and I playfully bashed him.

"I'm not that interesting," I told him, but he shook his head.

"You really are, theres so much more I want to find out about you." He said as he popped open the polystyrene packaging of the chips, as he crunched down on a crispy chip.

"You know, you're the first boy I've been out with since Misty passed." I informed him as I placed a chip in my mouth.

"When did she pass?" He asked me, and I began calculating in my head.

"It'll nearly be two years," I told him, "I told myself that this year I was just going to focus on school work, I didn't need friends. Not after the way mine had treated me, but I couldn't say no when you came into my life."

"You must have friends Shiloh, i can't imagine how lonely-" but he stopped.

"You know, I've accepted the feeling of being lonely. I've started to enjoy my own company, although half the time I stay up and wonder how I got myself into this rut. I just feel like my friends hurt me so badly, that it has really put me off ever getting close to someone in case that they'll do it again. It's the same with Misty, she was my bestest friend and then she got taken away from me. It's like everything I've ever liked, it's like it's not suppose to be mine, it's like I'm not suppose to be happy," I started, I stared at my fingers, I didn't want to look at Reece for I knew I would melt at his stare. His hand snaked back around my waist as he pushed me closer to his chest, so close that I could feel his heart beating, so close that I could feel his chest rise and fall with every breath.

"You deserve to be happy Shiloh, from these past weeks of knowing you, I know you're heart is full of love, I know how desperately you want to talk to someone. You're a dream Shiloh. We're so good together and I couldn't imagine a life where I couldn't see you." He spoke in a hushed tone, his fingers were drawing circles on my chest.
I tugged on his white shirt so he was looking down at me, I moved my head upwards so our lips touched, and how I missed the way they moulded onto mine so perfectly. The way he tasted, the way we synced together and the way he bit my lip, the way he would position himself on top of me, the way his hair tickled at my exposed skin. His lips parted from mine for a brief second as he whipped his top off, I couldn't keep my hungry hands off of him. His hands worked his way up my jumper as his fingers delicately slid it over the top of my head, the heat of our bodies was enough to warm up this whole tent. His eyes flicked down towards my chest, and a wave of embarrassment flooded of me, reaching for the nearest corner of a blanket to cover myself up with, but Reece stopped my hand.

"Shiloh, I don't think I've seen anything more beautiful on this planet than you, you shouldn't ever feel insecure, especially not around me," he spoke in between breaths, before burying his face into my neck and coating me in sloppy kisses.