Chapter Seventeen

Beginne am Anfang

"Does that mean I'm not what you expected me to be?" Jeongguk asks teasingly, taking the other's fingers in his and analyzing them carefully.

Taehyung wears rings, really beautiful ones, and his nails are nicely done, sparkling with something that looks like glitter. Jeongguk finds his hands enchanting and he can't help but wonder how the other would look with even more sparkling rings, ones that have big, shiny, stones on them, ones that would compliment his eyes, his traits, his beauty even more.

"Mm, you're more than I expected."

A smile spreads on his face and, once again, he kisses Taehyung's knuckles as they both continue eating in peace, in silence, a comfortable atmosphere for the both of them.

They part ways because Taehyung has classes and Jeongguk himself has a meeting with a new client but they promise to either meet that night of the following day. Jeongguk kisses the other softly on the forehead when they get outside, watching as Taehyung's lips raise in such a gentle smile, one that portrays what he's feeling. Jeongguk thinks physical contact doesn't necessarily portray emotions, love, because they don't kiss a lot, at least not like most couples. They're soft, slow, finding that comfort only when they're alone, in his apartment, perched on the new terrace that's being rearranged for them by a team he's hired, as they watch the stars and talk about their thoughts. They kiss then, as they are, free and real, slowly, deeply, sometimes even rougher, but Jeongguk doesn't feel the need to go further, he doesn't feel the need to rush with Taehyung because it's not physical contact they seek from each other, it's purely an emotional, spiritual, connection that unites them even more, from Jeongguk's perspective.

Even if they don't rush there's a type of familiarity between them that allows Taehyung to walk around dressed in his shirts, that allows even himself to get out of the shower shirtless, like they've been acting that way since forever. Taehyung is the confident one, the one that's asked Jeongguk for one of his t-shirts one night so he's been following his pace ever since then, even is he initiates more contact than the other.

After he's finished with his meeting, telling his coworkers to go home earlier since he knows how stressful their weeks have been, he gets a call from Namjoon. Surprisingly, he answers with such a joyful voice that Namjoon stays quiet for a few seconds.

"Gguk, are you high?" He finally asks, making him snort as he walks towards his car.

"The hell? No, I don't even smoke that much anymore, Joon."

Namjoon, once again, stays silent and Jeongguk realizes that it's a surprise for him as well, the fact that he doesn't smoke that much anymore. He's glad he doesn't because it's not healthy at all.

"Wow, that's, that's surprising. What made you stop smoking? Yoongi wants to know, that way maybe he'll stop— don't hit me, stupid!"

As he gets in the car, connecting his phone to its speakers, Jeongguk laughs. "Is Yoongi there?"

"Yes, wanna talk to him? He's been worrying about you since you haven't talked in a while but he won't tell you that— wait, I'm running from the devil, he's coming with a ruler after me."

"Put him on, Joon."

Namjoon pants, sighing a little, and Jeongguk hears Yoongi swearing on the background before something drops on the ground loudly, making him shriek in his seat. After a few seconds, Yoongi's voice echoes in his car.

"What's up, Gguk? Why don't you ever call me? Mom and dad are also worried about you." He mumbles, Namjoon telling him to stick his ruler somewhere on the background.

Jeongguk realizes then that he actually misses hanging out with them and the others, something he's never acknowledged before because he's been so stuck in his own toxic mindset. For a few seconds he imagines Taehyung meeting the others and realizes that his boyfriend might get along with Namjoon and Jimin since Namjoon, much like Taehyung, is passionate about arts, whereas Jimin will get along with everyone that can make fun of Jeongguk, something Taehyung enjoys a lot.

He smiles to himself before it actually hits him.

He hasn't told them that he's dating someone, not even Jimin.

"Gguk, you still there?" Yoongi asks again, Jeongguk realizing that he's been quiet for too long.

"Yeah, yeah, I've been busy with a few new clients, you know? I had to finish a lot of projects in the past few weeks."

He takes a few turns, getting closer to his apartment, while waiting for Yoongi to answer.

"Oh, understandable. We should go out tonight, my treat. We have something to tell you. Would that be fine for you?"

He frowns, thinking about it for a few seconds, wondering if it would be too soon for Taehyung to meet his step brother and his fiancé. He wants to tell the others face to face so he avoids the subject of Taehyung, deciding to wait until he talks with the other about it. He can't make decisions on his own.

"I'll let you know in a few hours, it's still early."

Yoongi ends the call after that and Jeongguk gets home soon, wondering if he should call Taehyung or ask him through a text. He thinks talking on the phone is slightly better so he just sends his boyfriend a message, asking him to call when his classes end. Deep inside he somehow gets excited about it, wondering if Taehyung will agree or not and hoping for the best.