"Do you not trust me?" Jungkook's voice quavered at the end, but the next phrase brought increasing pain. 

"Am I only a chess piece for you to use and throw away?" 

Jimin desperately reached out, but Jungkook shook his head disbelieving, the hand shaking between the two before falling down to his side brokenly. Hanging his head, Jimin felt like he lost the ability to talk, much like how Jaebeom had struggled to speak back at the convention. 

"I have rights too! How can you think so lowly of me?!" This time, Jungkook raised his voice, his usual sweet and soothing tone changing into one of indignation and resentment, echoing through the silent home and bringing a higher level of suffering to the situation.

Jimin felt his cheek sting, the small, yet long cut on his face stinging upon harsh action, and looked up in surprise. Jungkook was never one to hit anyone, even if they were his enemy, like a cute bunny with a defenseless heart. He clearly didn't see the slight disfiguration by the ways his eyes widened in surprise—and was that a slight tinge of regret, sharply taking his hand away from the face and dashing away with sobs. 

In thousands of years, Jimin never had a lover until Jungkook, opening the world of feelings to the cold heart he had since birth. Jungkook was naturally shinning like a halo, like the brightest angel upon earth. And that moment, Jimin knew his dark, tainted soul had fallen head over heels with the angelic smile. Not once had he questioned it, until now. And not once, even when he was born, had he cried a single tear, with the exception of the total annihilation of his family. 

Pressing his forehead to the glass screen to the green expanse beyond the marble flooring, Jimin exhaled. If Jungkook didn't like him, so be it. Whatever Jungkook wants or does, so be it. He wasn't one who held control over his life, one to lock his lover in a gilded cage like a canary.

Jungkook was consumed with anger, anger that Jimin never told him anything, thought that by putting him to sleep was the right solution! It was a serious moral denigration of his character, like he was a flea that kept buzzing in Jimin's ear and was so annoying that it had to be shut up. 

But when he saw Jimin's defeated look in his eyes through his messy bangs and the sear through his skin, he panicked and ran. On one side of him, he thought Jimin deserved it. But on the other, Jungkook felt guilty, for raising a hand and striking him on the cheek with a cut. 

But he treated you unfairly...but he loves you....But does he really? Jungkook messed with his hair, letting his feet take him wherever, across marble, across grass, across cobblestones in increments and finally on a bench. 

Jungkook didn't know where his feet had taken him, but he sure wasn't going to admire the scenery, having just woke up and clearly remembering the betrayal, fresh like a red scar. 

He didn't know how long he fought, how long the tears ran down his cheeks until his eyes dried, how long he fiddled with his fingers till they were raw until the sound of footsteps alerted his hazy senses. 

"Who is it?" Jungkook was instantly on alert, looking for the source of noise with furrowed eyebrows. 

"Namjoon." Namjoon appeared with a dip of his head as respect, standing by the bench in all black, even his hands were covered in black gloves. 

"Today marks an important day." Namjoon began, turning towards Jungkook, grimly smiling. 

"Jimin took over the Society, you mean." Jungkook responded, his lips twitching in protest to the pride whenever the name tumbled from his lips, not even stopped by the disagreement had—which Jungkook had to admit, was mostly him.

"Not only that. I'm sure you saw the scar?" Namjoon prompted and Jungkook nodded, intrigued. 

"He indeed fought the Society and won. But winning never comes without burden. If you take, you must give. That's where the scar comes from. A silver needle, lethal to all vampires regardless of status, could instantly kill with a critical shot." The older paused, letting Jungkook take in the information. 

Jungkook, not able to trust his voice, whispered, "And he did that regardless." It was more of a statement than a question, but Namjoon nodded regardless. 

"I don't think you truly understand the extent that Jimin loves you. He's never had a lover, and the first time being love is always the hardest fall, whether it's rejection or love..." Namjoon's eyes had a faraway look in them as his own heart tugged.

Jungkook's motion ceased temporarily before speeding up, tracing circles into the fabric of his pants. 

"In my years by his side—I never once saw him cry. I've seen him mad, angry, pissed, but never truly to the point of breaking down in tears. He only did that once before, but it is not my place to tell. Jimin never does something unless he's absolutely sure. I never seen him go full throttle into a mess, relying on many uncertain factors to win and still be so determined. You are a first, Jungkook, and I hope you treasure him, or leave." 

Jungkook's eyes brimmed with dry tears, having no more to shed. Why was he so shallow? So narrow-minded like some certain humans he knew before he turned? He hated it, how he couldn't see the entire picture and release his anger before doing so. 

"I—I will treasure him." 

Maybe Jungkook's tears would make up for Jimin's own. 

————————

A/N

Hi guys! I am trying to squeeze things into a chapter to make sure the word count is up to par, but at the same time, ensure you guys don't have to read a really long chapter. 

NEXT CHAPTER IS THE END 

It may be the longest chapter, besides the climax, and I will be wrapping everything up, Got7, Jimin and Jungkook, etc...

Vote

Comment 

Share