31. Launching Alexandria

Start from the beginning

"Sounds good. Then I'll call you Hell," she replied, making Cheryl and me choke our food in a suppressed laugh.

Good thing Macedonian lady Helaine didn't know what hell meant, because it was Hades in their language.

In the distance, some warriors were even dancing weirdly, making the concubines shake with laughter.

"No wonder Olympias was true in asserting her son to be Zeus's son," Bellanca spoke as the three of us finished our food.

"Yes, that assumption became true," Helaine added, "It is said she dreamt her womb to be hit by Zeus' lightning bolt and the next day, she became pregnant with Alexander"

"So it means King Philip wasn't his father?" Cheryl inquired.

"Well.. many consider Olympias to be a sorceress, but it's common sense, Philip fathered Alexander. It was in olden times that gods came down on Earth to impregnate humans," Bellanca added.

"But given the rate at which Alexander is conquering at such a young age, it seems he's actually a God's son," Helaine wondered.

                                                                                                                                                                                                  ***

In one of the rooms of the Romanos palace, three warriors sat together, while only one of them drank one drink after another.

"Stop it, Alex, you'll overdo yourself." Julian uncrossed his arms, resting them on his knees.

"Do I have anything left to conquer?" Alexander slurred, waving his goblet for more wine.

"You have the area of land, more than any king has ever conquered," Jakov stated from the large window where he was leaning. His eyes repeatedly glanced at a spot in the crowd below.

"That's the reason!" Alexander hurled his goblet across the room, making it rattle till the doorstep.

One heated look at the guardsman and all the servants were out of the room, leaving the three men alone.

"I have nothing else to conquer. Fuck! Nothing else?! What will I do now? How will I fucking survive?!" he buried his hands in his face and began sobbing pathetically.

Yes, he was crying because he had no lands left to conquer.

"You can spend your time in the concubine Associa-" Jakov started cautiously, but stopped when Alexander's bloody eyes shot at him.

"Tell that woman Olympias that I don't need a fucking concubine association. You have anyone up the alley? Go donate him my entire harem of women," His voice turned hoarse by the second,

"I bet that woman is more bothered about my sex life than I am. Who spends their precious time sleeping around, when they can plan all night about the annexation of other cities? Oh yeah, men do. You mortal men." he took in a ragged breath.

"But I'm no mortal, mates. I am the son of a God, Zeus. And a demigod doesn't have time fucking around when he can make the world a better place," he breathed out raggedly.