Chapter 2.36: A Shocking Situation

"Why are there giant fans in the middle of nowhere?" Emmy asked as they walked through a large clearing filled with giant spinning 'fans'.

"They're not fans. They're windmills that generate electricity by using the wind." Zia corrected her. "The wind makes electricity!?" The Serperior exclaimed, and even Sky looked a little confused.

Zia chuckled, amused. "Yes, the wind powers the windmills, and they power turbines that generate the electricity." She explained in depth to them. "Oh, and that's why there's no trees around, so there's more wind force!" The Luxray realized.

Zia nodded in confirmation just as a strong breeze passed by them, ruffling the grass. "If anyone wants to come out and enjoy the nice weather, you're welcome to." Zia said to the pokeballs on her belt, knowing they could hear her.

The first one to come out was Juniper, always eager to be with her beloved Zia. Nile, Cyra, Riot, and Kaida came out as well. "How about having a picnic?" Emmy suggested as they sat down, Zia petting the Bayleef's head which was laid on her lap.

"That sounds nice. Sky, do you want to come with me?" Zia asked the Luxray, only to hear no response. She looked over to see her passed around next to Cyra. "Seems she's taking a catnap. Alright, Juniper, you want to come instead?" She turned her gaze to the one below her.

"Yes, yes, yes!" The Bayleef jumped up excitedly. "Then Emmy, while Sky's asleep, you're in charge." Zia told the Serperior before walking off, Bayleef in tow.

The two wandered around for a while, but since there weren't many trees, there wasn't much wood either. "We may have to go farther down to the forest to get anything." Zia sighed just as a loud noise was heard beside them. "Huh? What's that place?" Juniper inquired, seeing a concrete building close to them.

"Must be for the windmills or something. The door's open, though, and I doubt it's supposed to be. I have a bad feeling." Zia muttered as they peeked inside. They couldn't see anyone or anything, which was probably more concerning.

"Hello? Is anybody here? We just wanted to make sure everything was okay." Zia called out as they walked inside. However, just as they did so, the door closed behind them. "Well, there are strong winds up here." Juniper came up with a plausible explanation as Zia went to open it.

She tugged on the handle a few times. "It's not opening." She said and noticed a place to insert a keycard and password next to the door. "We're stuck in here." Juniper realized as well. "Sky! Emmy! Guys, help!" Zia screamed as she banged on the metal door, trying to be loud enough for the Pokémon to hear her.

"Zia!?" She finally heard a familiar voice call back after a minute or so, the sound of running coming nearer. "We're in here!" She shouted, and she heard them stop outside the door.

"Can you get us out from that side?" Juniper asked. "I don't think so, the lock thingy's been fried. It won't open that way." Emmy replied. Zia rolled her eyes at the, 'lock thingy'.

"Dear Arceus, okay, um... just stay there. Juniper and I will find another way out." Zia told them. She would have them go find somebody, but even if they did, it would be hard to explain that they needed the electric company.

"Zia, over here." Juniper called, one of her vines pointing to something on the wall. "Perfect, a floor plan." Zia sighed and walked over and examined it. "There seems to be a control room three floors down. That's probably our best bet right now, let's go." She decided.

The Bayleef nodded and followed as they went down the first set of stairs to the floor below. However, they were met with a hoard of Magnemite. They all sent electricity at Zia and Juniper. "Stop it!" Zia shouted as they ran around the corner.